Skip to content

[DUPE] Spirit Armor (and inability to save or rest)

TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
edited September 2014 in Not An Issue
Expected behavior: Cast Spirit Armor (lvl 4 arcane) to receive a base AC of 1, and a Save vs Spell bonus of 3. Also, upon failing a Save vs Spell, take 2d4 damage when the durations expires. Duration is 2 hours.

Actual behavior: I cast a Spirit Armor and receive a base AC of 1, and a Save vs Spell bonus of 3. Also, upon failing a Save vs Spell I suddenly have no ability to save or rest. After 2 in-game hours I take the 2d4 damage and am capable of saving and resting again.

Full-disclosure: BG2tweaks and SCSII installed, so if someone with a clean install could duplicate and confirm, I'd very much appreciate it. Take-note, I believe saving throws work on a d20, so I assume you need a Save vs Spell higher than zero to have a chance at failing the save (yes this is a bug you can squash in-game).

edit: Also, Protection from Acid still retains its casting speed of 6, which deviates from all other instances of resist spells, for example:

Protection from Fire: Casting time 3 arcane spell level 3
Protection from Cold: Casting time 3 arcane spell level 3
Protection from Electricity: Casting time 5 arcane spell level 5
Protection from Acid: Casting time 6 arcane spell level 5
Protection from the Elements: Casting time 7 arcane spell level 7
Protection from Energy: Casting time 8 arcane spell level 8

I know it's a small, slight, and tiny thing, but still... Also, using mods, so it may be something Beamdog's already got in hand and I've just overwritten the fix.
Post edited by Troodon80 on