Skip to content

Should Duergar be the intentional cannon creatures to find in Irenicus Dungeon

XezmeraudeXezmeraude Member Posts: 91
Cannonly Goblins dont fit the initial dungeon at all. Now I understand its for balancing issues to get us out of the initial place. I know everyone cept me it seems "HATES" doing Irenicus Dungeon because its way too easy to get out of and a waste of time. But cannonically the Dungeon should have just Duergar in it to reflect Illychs army. Also you shouldnt have the option to be sleeping in such dungeons filled with monsters and torturers at all (I have made it out alive with the mod with no issues whatsoever before at times) but that will allow you to conserve and really know what spells you should be using by intentional logic of the situation you are in an what place you are exploring or getting out of.

This makes it for a much more real feel and much more of a challenge to get through. This will definitely make playing the dungeon more fun and not exactly a breeze through. Its a torture chamer for crying out loud. Its supposed to be tough to get out of. Goblins dont fit the bill at all. I say make the dungeon as it should be. I think the mod should be a general part of the game and places like that that are logically a place you shouldnt sleep in should make for a much more challenging game. I say this should be an idea Overhaul can look into to help shave off the breezing and make for learning much more needed spells and not just learning the offensive stuff to breeze through. A good offense is a good defense! Learn the defensive stuff more and stat affeting spells and only use offensive stuff when the need really arises. Make every class work together and cut out the cons each one has. Let the Melee do the offensive work. The supporters heal and buff and mages just defend themselves with protections and only cast offensive spells when fighting physical immunes and large/massive creatures. Makes for a much more logic and realistic feel to the game. Real life isnt fair. Why should the game be right? But yes I understand the balancing. But maybe there can be work arounds to make the game still balanced but more real and more challenging after all these years.

Also getting rid of the unrealistic findings of ammo and items in places they shouldnt be should be looked at too. Finding staves in a vampires lair is just stupid. Same with magical weapons in a golems chambers or finding Ice trolls in a Fire Temple etc. This is just ideas to make the game have a feel like were living in Faerun like it was real life. Put the physics into the game. Make the masterpiece become even more of a masterpiece by making it based on the laws we have in some 2nd edition extent. Lets keep it real and at the same time a balanced fun.
Post edited by Bhryaen on