Skip to content

The crafting of Crom Faeyr

OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
edited November 2013 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Hey,

************SPOILER*************

So I was going through the Planar Sphere for the Gauntlets of Ogre Power.
I noticed they have changed the item name to Hands of Takkok thus making Cromwell not recognize it as an item to be used in crafting Crom Faeyr.

Now, I cant remember if he even recognized other parts than the scroll in the original.
Is it a pair of beastly Gauntlets of Ogre Power in game, or have they been replaced by Hands of Takkok making it the new ingredient, and Cromwell never mentioned the items unless you had all of them ?

Sorry if this has already been asked, Im eager to continue playing BG2 so I didn't wanna dive into the forums for an answer :)

Comments

• karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    You need the hammer, the scroll, the pair of gauntlets and the belt found in the underdark to make CF.
  • OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2013
    The other items I know :)
    Assuming "the pair of gauntlets" = Hands of Takkok, then thanks for unconfusing me :)

I was confused when the scroll itself refers to the Gauntlets of Ogre Power as an item needed, when its name has changed.
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    Just verified this:

All 4 components (even with the GoOP -> HoT change) will give Crom Faeyr, for the record.

The name change doesn't make a difference. The change from Gauntlets of Ogre Power to Hands of Takkok was purely cosmetic.

1] Hands of Takkok
    2] Girdle of Frost Giant Strength
    3] "The Scroll"
    4] Hammer of Thunderbolts +3

• BusticationBustication Member Posts: 49
    Also, it's not really a name change. The item description always called them by both names. You're good to go! :)
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Doesn't the first line of the Item description state:

"The gauntlets of ogre power: The Hands of Takkok..."