Skip to content

Gladiators of Thay (possible spoilers?)

Anyone beaten the new Black Pits storyline? I'm at a point right now where I'm stuck, and I'm not sure if it's me (i.e., whether I just haven't figured out what to do) or whether it's a bug (which seems more likely at the moment). Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything like a walkthrough that would let me know what to do.

I've beaten all of the battles and am now leading the revolt and escape. I seem to have killed the guard captain and all of the guards. I've gotten into the vault and discovered the dagger planted in the false priest of Lathander's back. However, all of the doors are locked, they can't be opened in conventional ways, and the guard captain's key doesn't seem to work either. Is there something I've missed?

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    My game is broken already, i couldn't save the false priest inside one of the fights and the paladin near the priests make an closed circle banter, if you start a speech with him, you can't leave it anymore, no option to end the banter, you need to minimize and force close the game. @Dee, by the way, lemme give voice to this bug.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    What i would like the game to do, was to recognize when i play solo in both black pits, that would be awesome, it's a lot hard to make this but it's also a cool way to play.
  • 17651765 Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013
    kamuizin said:

the paladin near the priests make an closed circle banter, if you start a speech with him, you can't leave it anymore, no option to end the banter, you need to minimize and force close the game. @Dee, by the way, lemme give voice to this bug.

Yeah, that dialogue loop one is a bummer. Made a post about this and the 14 or so other BP2 bugs i've found in the BG2:EE bug forum here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24840/blak-pits-2-buglist-large-full-of-spoilers#latest interested if these are the same for everyone.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    phatbeast said:

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything like a walkthrough that would let me know what to do.

Talk to Brodle and tell him that you are ready to face Dennaton.

• phatbeastphatbeast Member Posts: 5
    aVENGER said:

phatbeast said:

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything like a walkthrough that would let me know what to do.

Talk to Brodle and tell him that you are ready to face Dennaton.

Gah! Could have sworn I had done that already. That works. Thanks a lot!