Skip to content

#7286 [CORE] - Can't complete Sarles quest

ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After giving Sarles the fake illithium and returning to the temple, Guardian Telwyn doesn't recognise that I've completed the quest. If I speak to him with CHARNAME the dialogue box doesn't even open, he just says some generic thing about Helm watching over you. If I speak with another character, he just says it's an important matter that he can only speak to CHARNAME about. I therefore cannot complete this quest or get the subsequent one.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• I just ran into the same problem. Does anyone know of a workaround?
  • Here's a zipped up save taken inside the Temple. My guess is that doing Dorn's quest first screwed it up somehow (though I took the peaceful route with Telwyn).
  • That did the trick. I was able to turn in the Sir Sarles quest and do the final temple quest with the Lathandrians.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gate70, @Kaigen: Is this closed/fixed or does a bug need to be filed on this?
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    I'm afraid I honestly can't remember exactly what order I did things and I don't have a save near that time.
  • @Gate70 In my game I had done Dorn's entire quest line before even getting the Cult of the Eyeless quest. I had to go to the back room where Telwyn sits for Dorn's quest to even start the sculpture quest. So the order was Terpfen->Cult->Sculpture. Unfortunately I don't have an earlier save, but hopefully that helps recreate the problem.
  • HannarrHannarr Member Posts: 20
    I'm having the same problem is dawnbringer sain. no dialog options at all, even after spawning a new npc.
    I've got both the pure and fake illithium, and the journal says to hand it in, but sain just says something about lathander being with you or something. I am unable to progress tot he ring quest.
    I got the quest from the Temple of Lathander, from Dawnbringer Sain. hes not acknowledging me now however, the rest of the quest went fine. i've already done 10+ playthroughs of BG2 over the years, and never had a problem with it.
    edited January 2014
    I completed the cleric stronghold quest qithout issue, still can't finish the sarles quest however. Do you know what the global variables are listed as Gate70?
    Post edited by Hannarr on
    I messed with the Sarles variables and restarted the quest, it worked fine this time.
  • carlostincacarlostinca Member Posts: 11
    In case of other people come here through Google (like me), here is the code to re-create Telwyn:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("SCTELWYN")