Skip to content

Post your Black Pits 2 Roster

2»

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Ancalagon44‌ I found trying to backstab in BP2 frustrating, because the new EE AI follows you even when you're invisible.
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    Thanks, I'm also finding that backstab is not really worth it in BP2. For me the problem is not so much that the AI follows me around (haven't noticed that), but that the attention required to get it to work is not worth it. It is more worth it to spend my attention on spellcasting etc.

I'm regretting taking one sorcerer and two mages. The problem is that I don't think I'm using my kensai/mage effectively, plus, the cost of spells becomes huge.

Also not sure about my Shadow Dancer -> Fighter. I think a straight up berserker would have been better.

That being said, Improved Haste + Tuigan Bow + Poison Weapon + Timestop = Ouch! 6 attacks per round, extra 12 poison damage per hit. When the timestop ends and all of the arrows hit, enemies often wind up taking 20 poison damage per round. Not to mention the arrow damage.

The winner for me in most battles has been spell triggers, sequencers and chain contingency. I'd almost say they are powerful enough to be gamebreaking. I put 3 skull traps into a trigger and a sequencer for each of my 3 spellcasters. So, 18 skull traps if I want them. It made some of the second tier fights, especially with the githyanki and the elementals, pathetically easy.

On the other hand, that battle with the Drow at the end of the first tier is too hard I think. I couldn't beat it on Core - I literally struggled with that battle for 2 days before I gave up and lowered the difficulty. Magic resistance coupled with strong melee ability makes them much harder than the fights that come after, such as the vampires of githyanki. Sure, I think a party stronger in melee would have had an easier time, but I still think it is unbalanced. I've breezed through tier 2 so far - absolutely no problems - whereas tier 1 battle 5 was impossible for me.

Admittedly I think part of the problem is that immediately following the battle with the Drow, you get Timestop if you have a single classed mage or sorcerer, and that makes everything else a lot easier. When I repeat that battle now, it isn't such a challenge. The poison arrows and timestop trick above makes short work of that pesky Drow Priestess, and my Inquisitor summons a Deva to keep the the fighters occupied.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Ancalagon44‌ I think all your dual classes were regaining abilities during the drow battle? That's probably why it was so difficult. I don't think that fight was unbalanced. Your party was.
  • pentolinopentolino Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2015
    My current party is:
    1 Monk
    1 Dark monk
    1 Sun monk
    1 Dragon Disciple
    2 Sorcerers

I still have to face the baalspawns, but no battle even came close to put my team under any sensible danger.

Update: crashed baalspawn at first try and final battle at second try (the first time I made the mistake of underestimating the winged - the second time it was just a matter of reducing her MR and bomb her with Horrid Wiltings).
    The battle against the dragons was surprisingly fast and easy: 3 monks with greater whirlwind on the big dragon and it was done so fast I din't have a proper look at it. The other 2 were just sparring partners.

I am a bit disappointed to see that, with 2 different parties, the dragon fight is among the easiest in the game. I would have definitely expected more...
    Post edited by pentolino on