Skip to content

Hen night

MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
In this playthrough I want to play with an all girls party. I definetely will play with these companions:
- Viconia
- Jaheira
- Imoen

I'd like to play with these companions, in descending order:
- Hexxat
- Neera
- Aerie
- Nalia

So I have to make a 2 out of 4 decision here.
My main char currently is a Sorcerer as it's my favorite class. So as you can see I don't have real tanks.

Which 2 further companions would you suggest? Will I run in great problems in some fights (on normal difficulty)?

I'm thinking of switching my main char to Bard (my next favorite class) as I think I can make him a decent melee fighter. Would that be wise? Can I do this in a running game with some tool or would I need to start over again?

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    You forgot Mazzy! She might be a ranged fighter but she can be a decent off-tank for Jaheira too. Just run her up to the front lines, pop her strength ability, and start carving those bad guys up.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Jaheira makes an excellent tank. Viconia's AC also tends to be excellent, though you may have to equip her with both the gauntlets of ogre strength (Iater Crom Faeyr) and a girdle of fortitude to make her tank-worthy. The problem is more a lack of front line melee damage, or really any physical damage at all. Mazzy can help alleviate this somewhat, but you could also just say the hell with it and go with four mages. Make sure you pick up the Lower Resistance scroll at the Adventurer's Mart ASAP, and find a second as soon as you can, or else fighting certain enemies (mainly golems) will be absolute hell. But I believe there are four LR scrolls; give each of them to one mage, then have each mage set up a spell sequencer with three magic missiles, and you can kill pretty much any dragon in two rounds.

Just note that Mazzy and Hexxat cannot co-exist long-term. I doubt you'd have such a problem with Imoen, Nalia, or Aerie, but it's theoretically possible. Then again, having Hexxat in a party of all women could be incredibly interesting.
  • MorrandirrMorrandirr Member Posts: 60
    Flashburn said:

You forgot Mazzy! She might be a ranged fighter but she can be a decent off-tank for Jaheira too. Just run her up to the front lines, pop her strength ability, and start carving those bad guys up.

Thanks for reminding me, but somehow I'm a racist here and don't like short ones. :(

Jaheira makes an excellent tank. Viconia's AC also tends to be excellent, though you may have to equip her with both the gauntlets of ogre strength (Iater Crom Faeyr) and a girdle of fortitude to make her tank-worthy. The problem is more a lack of front line melee damage, or really any physical damage at all. Mazzy can help alleviate this somewhat, but you could also just say the hell with it and go with four mages. Make sure you pick up the Lower Resistance scroll at the Adventurer's Mart ASAP, and find a second as soon as you can, or else fighting certain enemies (mainly golems) will be absolute hell. But I believe there are four LR scrolls; give each of them to one mage, then have each mage set up a spell sequencer with three magic missiles, and you can kill pretty much any dragon in two rounds.

Just note that Mazzy and Hexxat cannot co-exist long-term. I doubt you'd have such a problem with Imoen, Nalia, or Aerie, but it's theoretically possible. Then again, having Hexxat in a party of all women could be incredibly interesting.

Thanks for the hints! :)
    My main char Sorcerer already has Lower Resistance, so I hope I'm fine if I get 1 or 2 more scrolls for the mages.

As for the problems with Hexxat...
    ... I'll dump here anyway as sonn as I find out she's a vampire. (got spoiled on this one :( )
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    If your mindset towards the party or RP reasons demands you act as your spoiler says, so be it. But she's a damned interesting character.
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Jaheira is indeed an amazing tank. Magic resist buffs and stoneskin takes care of just about everything you'll ever need for a tank. Oh and her insect plague thingy-spells makes for a fun time whacking enemy casters.

If your mindset towards the party or RP reasons demands you act as your spoiler says, so be it. But she's a damned interesting character.

Well, I have to see. I have her in my party right now and starting to do her quest. Let's see how it turns out. :)

Just wanna let you know that I changed Charname from Sorcerer to Fighter/Mage with the help of EE Keeper. Combat is significantly easier now.