Skip to content

So, is BG3 on horizon next year?

brusbrus Member Posts: 944
I couldn't be happier to play this masterpiece again.
But I think everybody's asking about BG3.
Is it in development?
Post edited by brus on

Comments

• rizar123rizar123 Member Posts: 30
    They can't as all game are EE... Bg3 cannot be EE... they cannot overpass this name obstacle sorry =(!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    rizar123 said:

They can't as all game are EE... Bg3 cannot be EE... they cannot overpass this name obstacle sorry =(!

That's not strictly true.

But I can't say anything more than that.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    Atari claims to have a BG3 project but have given little detail on the matter. I don't think BG3 is in active development just some thing Atari has sitting on the back burner.
  • rizar123rizar123 Member Posts: 30
    hehe Dee that was a joke anyway, I didn't expected a dev to reply to this... BTW, thanks for the BGEE 1 & 2... I cannot contain my joy of playing those game again =)
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Dee said:

rizar123 said:

That's not strictly true.

But I can't say anything more than that.
    Half-Life 3 confirmed.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Makes me wonder why Dee can't say any more than that. One reason would be that something cool was in the works. Another would be that he doesn't know. Patience...
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Unless they've had a separate team working on BG3 this entire time, Assassin's Creed-style, or they got the rights to a previously unrevealed alpha version of a canceled BG3 project, I doubt BG3 will be here in a year. The devs have a small team, and were only able to crank the EEs out yearly because they were piggybacking on existing games. BG3 is an entirely different beast.

Though, if they successfully Kickstarted and hired a bigger staff or something... who knows?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Unfortunately, they've already stated that KickStarter isn't a good option for the team, which might be due to contracts with everybody that holds a stake in BG.
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Ho ho! We will be lucky if BG2EE will be in an acceptable condition within a year, let alone a brand new game.
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    I'd be happy with a totally new (2-3 part) adventure using the infinity engine and 2nd edition rules.

I know the Baldur's Gate name has the reputation/cred, but something new could be filled with fresh opportunities and thus be very exciting.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Take 2 or 3 years to make the game, please. BG3 will have a high expectative, anything less than perfect will infuriate the fans.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited November 2013
    A question for Dee the dev.
    Does Overhaul has own engine or some other engine to work with ? UE3 is free, also Cryengine (but is hard to work with scripts)
    TRoar said:

I'd be happy with a totally new (2-3 part) adventure using the infinity engine and 2nd edition rules.

But, with improved infinity opengl which uses id tech 6.

Can Cryengine and UE3 use hand drawn textures?
    Post edited by brus on