Skip to content

[multiplayer] The game crash when I try to join a party

ErkiosErkios Member Posts: 77
Hello, apologize for my poor english level, but i'll try to explain my problem.

I updated my version of BG:EE yesterday and tried to join a party created on the beamdog server by a friend who updated his game at the same moment. 3 seconds after clicking on the join button, my game just crashed. I tried to create a party and my game crashed when my friend tried to join me. We tried to reboot our computers, tried again to create the party and i crashed again and again. So i'd like to know if i can fix this problem, because i don't understand the reason. I have two ideas to fix it : Try it on another computer and try to uninstall and reinstall the game, I'll come back to say if it work or not. I already tried to close all my protections but it didn't work.

Comments

• FuRYFuRY Member Posts: 21
    Did anyone figure out what the issue was? My game crashes completely when joining or being joined by anyone and everyone. Tried opening Ports, Forwarding, Direct Connections. I'm close to giving up on this game and going out. It's raining, I don't want to go out.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @FuRY do you have any mods installed/edited the game? Also, BG2:EE's best point is the SoA single player campaign, but, yeah, multiplayer is funny too.
    Only thing I have installed thus far would be the wizard robe tweak and the wizard staff tweak. Other than that Portraits. The player I have attempted to join has the exact same files aswell. I'm currently at a loss.

Also, agree with the single player campaign being pretty epic. Played through it many a year ago. Only got this EE editions to play online with a friend of mine that had not journeyed through the series.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Still not sure of what happens. i don't know mich of crashes nor of MP. Try uninstalling the mod and give it another try.
    Absolutely baffled myself. Currently downloading it onto my Laptop and will give that a whirl as a fresh install. Might just reinstall NWN2 and play that Baldurs Gate module instead at this rate though. Still not sure why I'm seeing rooms with 4-6 people and I can't even join one. Never spent so long sitting in my chair and scratching my head.