Skip to content

Issues Win 8.1

PippaPPippaP Member Posts: 13
Played it in Win8 no issues; patched with 1.2; updated to win 8.1. I don't know which caused the problems.

The menu buttons have no text; my journal has nothing but commas; I have no "J's" and no "Q's". I'm playing in native resolution 1366x768. I have disabled DPI scaling and it didn't help so I enabled it.

I can only get the game to run in windowed mode. If I play in windowed mode I can get the game to run, but w/o a journal, commas don't help me very much.

I am playing with Windows 8.1; a Toshiba I5 laptop; Nvidia 330M videocard and driver 327.02 that's a month or so old.

Comments

• TivaanTivaan Member Posts: 15
    Updated to windows 8.1 now having issues with BGEE and BGEE II
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited November 2013
    Please try driver version 326.19. This is the last driver before OpenGL 4.4 support.
    My assumption: nVidia changed something in their OpenGL drivers when enabling OpenGL 4.4

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/64412/en-us x64
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/64410/en-us x86
  • PippaPPippaP Member Posts: 13
    We are travelling now so I don't have the luxury of large downloads to get 326.19. I did however have 314.22 saved on my system and was the driver I used before 327.02. I rolled back to 314.22 and I have the same issues, corrupted text, missing letters and a journal filled with commas. Perhaps something went wrong with BGEE patch download or install. This game is not playable for me and it's too bad.

Thanks for trying to help though.
  • PippaPPippaP Member Posts: 13
    I managed to find a decent internet connection and for whatever reason the patch re-downloaded. My first try must not have been successful. The game is playing on my laptop w/o the anomalies I described above, in spite of Win 8.1. Something must have corrupted the patch the first time.