Skip to content

The game is very buggy

Some bugs i encountered.

- It keeps constantly crashing without reason every 1-2hours. Really really annoying.

- After freeing D´Arnise stronghold with Kagain and exiting the stronghold, Kagain starts to speak and is hold in a speech loop. He stops every second and is no more playable.

- After exiting the Underdark with multipe drow items the game crashes when you look in the inventory.

- Sometimes the game crashes when you leave the shar/selune monastry for defending.

- Darksoul Chill Touch ingame description is not up to date. Even the manual has it already changed.

- Frequently the game slows down. You know the game is about to crash. This is in addition to the crashes every 1-2hours.

- ToB: Cespenar wont talk to you if you click to fast after crafting an item.

- After leaving the shadow plane the visual and sound effects are still there. No rest, no party member kicking. no area change does remove it.

- Sometimes the journal gets an older entry again added. One that you already did before but triggered again.

- Quick saving before a crash causes to partly overwhrite the game file causing mixing gear and quest status.

And thats just my discovered bugs. This game could have used another month and a real beta test.
ButtercheeseMortiannaMessi

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Not sure if this is a bug as well but it sure was weird as hell:
    In TOB during Rasaad's quest, Viconia says that I have to choose between him and her. This is logical and not my problem.
    My problem is that the dialouge is triggered literally in the middle of the last boss fight :I
    This is not just really annoying, it also makes no sense, since she doesn't say a word about that before the quest :I

Solution:
    Right before the last boss fight (trust me, you will know when it comes), teleport to the pocket plane and drop off Viconia. After the quest is over, go pick her up again.
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    I had this just before fighting the gnome wizard with the spiders.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Whoa. You got Kagain into BG2?
    Mortianna
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722

Not sure if this is a bug as well but it sure was weird as hell:
    In TOB during Rasaad's quest, Viconia says that I have to choose between him and her. This is logical and not my problem.
    My problem is that the dialouge is triggered literally in the middle of the last boss fight :I
    This is not just really annoying, it also makes no sense, since she doesn't say a word about that before the quest :I

Solution:
    Right before the last boss fight (trust me, you will know when it comes), teleport to the pocket plane and drop off Viconia. After the quest is over, go pick her up again.

Well, we're basically currently beta-testing, but remember BG:EE : They fixed a shnitz-ton of bugs right after the opening week, I'd guess it'll be the same this time with BG2:EE.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    The patch today should fix at least some of those crashes.
  • RikusRikus Member Posts: 3
    just finished Hexxat's quest in the Liches tomb (TOB). After killing the lich the game froze right after what should have been the automatic teleport out. To overcome I sent us top the pocket plane immediately after "L" dialogue. Now screen goes black whenever I try to exit the pocket plane. Also...Cespenar only says "Shiny Ones" - no more dialogue. Any suggestions? Essentialy I am done playing since there is nothing else I can do.