Skip to content

Ok, now what's going on with the ranger stronghold?

In fairness, from what I've read this was buggy in previous iterations of the game. But all the same:

Apparently when you finish the first ranger stronghold quest, a few days later the kid who gave you the Umar Hills quest finds you when you go to an outdoor area. He says he has a quest for you if you're interested, but walks away and disappears with the "Delon is busy" line making you unable to speak with him. If I go to the Umar Hills immediately afterwards and speak with Minister Lloyd, which is supposed to be the next step of the quest, he says we're no longer welcome in the town.

I don't suppose there's a console command that can fix this...?

Comments

• SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    And now it works- in a random battle area while traveling between areas. Well, anyway, this bug appears to still exist, for what it's worth.
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    I just encountered this myself. I recently did the first ranger quest, and everything was fine. Then I went back and my PC was no longer welcome. I never had Delon come to fetch my PC, and I made sure I didn't stay away from Imnesvale too long.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Avenel said:

I just encountered this myself. I recently did the first ranger quest, and everything was fine. Then I went back and my PC was no longer welcome. I never had Delon come to fetch my PC, and I made sure I didn't stay away from Imnesvale too long.

He's small and easy to miss, so maybe he was there and you didn't see him. But yeah, you have to reload until he actually pops a dialogue. :\
  • podpity_joepodpity_joe Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2013
    Happened to me too. I'm attaching a save file. When I travel to a next location, Delon appears but doesn't do anything. I'm trying to get him talk by realoading all the time because it already happened once, but i quit the game without saving.

EDIT
    I left the game alt-tabbed while writing this post and Delon started the conversation.
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    Happened to me too. Delon's words appeared in the dialogue box, but he was never actually physically in my location, so I was unable to get the quest.

Maybe they shouldn't be sending the kid with the short attention span to collect the hero.
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    I got this too. After several unsuccessful attempts to get him to give his message in time to get back to complete the quest, I finally ended up just resting in Imnesvale until he showed up.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    That happened to me as well, but I didn't know what had happened until I read this thread.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Same thing here. Just reloading and visiting another area made the boy start the dialog