Skip to content

Special Abilitys In Bg1!

byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
In the first game as you progress threw the chapters u gain abilitys. I always got Cure light wounds x2 Slow poison x2 and Draw upon holy might x2. Where these abilitys random? I know that u could get different ones? How did that work?

Comments

• byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @Cheesebelly
    Thanks for that :) I really never figured that one out lol shows how much of a do gooder i was. i never got any of the below 10 ones lol
  • raclariuraclariu Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2012
    @Cheesebelly didn't knew that either, ty
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @byrne20 : I never noticed it myself until I killed Drizzt once and got an evil ability. At first I thought it was alignment based but that wasn't the case. When my reputation dropped to 8, I noticed the thing behind it :)
  • SamielSamiel Member Posts: 156
    Aww who could bring themselves to kill Drizzt!!?
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @Cheesebelly : Ah i see. Makes sense to be honest :)
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77

@byrne20 : I never noticed it myself until I killed Drizzt once and got an evil ability. At first I thought it was alignment based but that wasn't the case. When my reputation dropped to 8, I noticed the thing behind it :)

You are a baaaaad hamster. :p

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Samiel said:

Aww who could bring themselves to kill Drizzt!!?

I had to have his Scimitars, they are the best weapons in BG1.
    How do you kill Drizzt? I never tried, I just assumed it would be impossible.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Yeah, Drizzt's weapons are awesome. Tough luck for him, but what must be, must be. ;)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @purebredcorn : There's a video on youtube, a guy doing it solo, without mods or XP cap removers. Explains pretty well the strategy too. Here it is :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2N612PQfzI
    Thank you Cheesebelly!
  • DreamDream Member Posts: 52
    The first time I played it I killed him with a wand of monster summoning and putting ranged weapons on all my dudes. Once he had only a few monsters left to kill I switched to arrows of detonation on my archers and prayed to god he died from the first volley; he did.