Skip to content

Korgan v. Rasaad v. ToB NPC (Spoiler)

I'm still working through my first playthrough of BG2:EE. I want to experience as much new content as I can, so I have or will have most of the new NPCs in my party (except Neera). I am planning to kick Korgan out once I get Rasaad, but is that a good idea? Or should I save him for the next playthrough? I know monks get crazy good, but I also know Korgan is crazy good (though I've never used him because he's kind of a jerk and this is my first evil playthrough).

And what about Sarevok? It seems that, of the three, Dorn is probably the weakest link, but I am romancing him, so I can't kick him out. Would Rasaad be better than him in ToB? I could save Sarevok for another playthrough (since I want to give him Immy's soul and have them together, anyway).

Comments

• acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62
    If you are evil, rasaad is going to give you difficulties
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Monks aren't really crazy good, not being able to Improved Haste them is a big disadvantage.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Nah, Rasaad is safe in my party. I asked that already :)
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/400321#Comment_400321

I'm not really playing "evil" - my rep right now is around 10. I'm just not getting it high, so I can keep the NPCs I want to use, but I'm not doing anything nasty. Being a bit of a jerk, though :) Once my rep gets a little higher, those silver pantaloons will be mine (if I can still get them, anyway).

Anyway, so he's not really worth taking over Korgan or Sarevok?
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Take the ones that you enjoy the most
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    As far as I know, evil NPCs only start leaving at 16-18, depending on your charisma. If you are a bit of a jerk, you can keep every NPC you want.
    Currently I'm at the last fight in ToB with a party including Dorn. He's pretty good, if very vulnerable due to 14 Con. For that reason I think Sarevok is the better a-move and forget hero. Though immunity to lifeleech is sometimes very huge.
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Someone told me that Rasaad can get into fights with evil Sarevok. I don't think he gets into fights with Korgan though.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Rasaad has nothing on either Sarevok or Korgan from a powergaming perspective.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Awesome, thank you! I'll probably save Rasaad and Sarevok for a good playthrough.