Skip to content

Would Viconia work as a Dark Moon Monk? (story/rp-wise)

Title is pretty much self explanatory - I haven't used Viconia for aaages and I can't remember much about her other than she renounced Lolth and now worships Shar. I thought using BGEE:Keeper and changing her to a Dark Moon Monk (as in the kit description it says they're followers of Shar) would seem pretty fitting..

Hooowever, is there any dialogue/lore reason why that wouldn't be the case? I mean, does she explicitly talk about her clerical training, or something like that? Maybe her as a DMM is a really absurd idea and I just don't know enough about it :S That's why I'm asking, any information would be much appreciated ^^

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I would say that she'd be horrible. Low STR will hurt her THAC0 and low CON will hurt her HP. It would be very difficult to keep her alive. Lore-wise isn't the problem so much as her stats being very suboptimal for a front-line skirmisher (not a tank).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yeah, you'd definitely need to re-roll her. (Did I just say that?)
  • UncumberUncumber Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2013
    Ah thank you for the reply, but game-mechanics wise I thought I could just tweak her stats a little in BGEEKeeper when I change her class. I was more worried about, mm, it being stupid lore-wise, or if she completely contradicts it herself in dialogue a bit. something like that :S

I kinda just thought that with how much I remember her going on about Shar, her as a class that is kinda 'about Shar' - sounded like an ace idea.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    It wouldn't fit well with her background as a drow growing up in the underdark. Drow children, at least of great houses (which Viconia grew up in), have very regimented training programs, with males going to either the mage or fighter academies and females becoming priestesses. Viconia would have recieved some arms training, but no more than a typical cleric, and there would likely be zero tutelage for her regarding unarmed/unarmored combat.

That, and her backstory is pretty detailed through her romance talks, so it's not like you could justify her finding a secret Shar monastery and learning to be a monk post-surfacing.

I'm sure you could find some way to make it all work, but it's quite a stretch.
  • UncumberUncumber Member Posts: 20
    That's really helpful information there Madhax, thank you very much for a detailed reply =)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    A bald Viccy? Nuh-uh, nope, no thanks.
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    A celibate Viconia-nun? Not likely.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    edited November 2013
    @Madhax

Nitpicking here but not every drow city is like that.

HOWEVER, Viconia is from Menzoberranzan, actually

[Spoiler] Drizzt Do'Urden's family wipes out the DeVir family on the day Drizzt is born. [/Spoiler]

but I believe that Menzoberranzan is more regimented than most Drow cities in regards to how noble children learn.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Krieger said:

A celibate Viconia-nun? Not likely.

Forgotten Realms Monks don't have to be celibate.
    Uncumber said:

Ah thank you for the reply, but game-mechanics wise I thought I could just tweak her stats a little in BGEEKeeper when I change her class. I was more worried about, mm, it being stupid lore-wise, or if she completely contradicts it herself in dialogue a bit. something like that :S

I kinda just thought that with how much I remember her going on about Shar, her as a class that is kinda 'about Shar' - sounded like an ace idea.

It's a shame that her Cleric spells can't be more shadow, darkness, and night-themed. 4E could have prevented this, alas!
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Could she be a Cleric->Monk dual with the new tweaks mod? That should fit the lore perfectly.