Skip to content

Hexxat's second quest *spoilers*

Hi! I'm stuck and want to be spoiled (as little as possible though). I've been transported to the Monk temple. A monk has open a door. I've killed 4 green thingys and 2 Mindflayers. I've also emptied all the tombs.
Now to the problem; The Monks "Have nothing to say to you", the door along the corridor requires a key and I can't detect any hidden walls. Help! /J

Comments

• DoxyDoxy Member Posts: 25
    You need to speak to monk in one of the rooms further in. His name is Ki Chin Sang.
    Also in a room where you killed last Mindflayer named A... something, Hexxat should trigger a cut scene.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I can't get into that room and no cut scene was triggered.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited November 2013
    I remember 3 mind flayers.... maybe you didn't kill one of them.
    And I had to kill all the monks too, because they were hostile (because of the umber hulks charme/confusion ability).
    There were only two and they're as dead as can be...
  • I think that section might be a little buggy. I encountered two mindflayers and an alhoon (if it was there, it's hard to miss, as it uses mirror image and stoneskin). But later when I was trying to do Ki Chin Sang's test one of the lieutenants disappeared so I wasn't able to complete that (had to kill him to take the key instead).

By any chance, did you save/load in the middle of the mind flayer fight? I've heard something about a bug where quickloading causes enemies to disappear.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Shoot your savegame to liam.esler@gmail.com with a description of the issue :)
    I restarted the quest and then it worked. I'll write about it in the bug section.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I have a question about Hexxat second quest.
    I tried 3 times, but I couldn't find a way to save the ghost monks. After few seconds of fight against the humer hulk, all the ghost monks became hostile, and I had to kill them (I even tried to wait for the charme to pass, but it didn't pass even after few minutes).
    is there a way to save them or they are going to get hostile anyway?

Second question. I had a minor bug.
    The guy who had the key to... something, asked me to kill the 6 creatures from the graves. I killed all of them, then I tried to talk to the guy, but he couldn't respond, and I had to force fight against him to get the key.
    What was supposed to happen?
    1. Even if you manage not to anger the monks (how that happens I don't know) you still have to wop their arses as they ask you to leave.
    2. Same thing happened to me (see above). I guess he's supposed to give you the key or something.
    Hope the devs fix these small bugs.
    /J
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    I don't know if this known or whatever, but I'm currently playing this quest and I managed to get past the first part without getting hostile monks by simply closing the door and fighting the Umber Hulks and Mind Flayers alone. I opened it after they were dead.
  • Lucky1911Lucky1911 Member Posts: 2
    Hi.

Saving the monks is not hard, actually an easy "trick" did it. All i did was using the right spell against the right monster.

Cast chaotic commands + free action on your tank. then just run straight into the enemy camp.
    They will start to shoot a ****load of stuns and mind control spells on you, but you just kite them around giving little to zero damns. Then you cast 1 or 2 fear spells into the earth colosses.
    After they are paniced you can easily kill the mind flayers who are surprisingly weak without their bodyguards and if you keep their aggro on your tank, their mind controll spells do not work.