Skip to content

How far have you folks progressed in BG2?

OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
Me first? I started with Shadows of Amn.

Did all of the quests outside of Athkatla except for Watchers Keep (which I've never been through).

I'm just about to fight the nest of vampires right before I visit Spellhold to rescue Imoen.

I have beaten SoA vanilla before, and played part of the way through ToB vanilla (never did beat it).

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm in ToB :)
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I haven't even started playing it yet, except for testing my corrections to Irenicus' dungeon.
  • OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99

I haven't even started playing it yet, except for testing my corrections to Irenicus' dungeon.

Are you on the development team, Mathsorceror?

*wild, riotous laughter* Yeah, right--I wish!

No, I'm just a person who likes the game but who also likes making little corrections to it here and there to suit my taste and gaming style.
    So, you mod, then? Is it possible to get Weidu to run on the Mac natively, insofar as you know? Is the source code for Weidu available anywhere? (This is the main modding tool used, isn't it?)
    edited November 2013
    I am, truthfully, the last person with whom you wish to speak about modding via WeiDU--I still cannot get my .tp2 files to correctly recognize my .tra files so I am putting all text directly into the .tp2 file for now. *shrug* You can go directly to the WeiDU page, which also contains links to the source code as well as a Mac version then head over to the Gibberlings III how-to forum for more information. There are easily two dozen people here who know significantly more than I do about it--I freely admit my limitations.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I'm still collecting moneyz for mr Bayle
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In the game I'm playing for fun (the one where I'm not testing things), I'm in the room with the crystals.

Yes. The first room with the crystals.
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    I'm at the tavern where someone offers me 100.000 gold for an object in my inventory. I wonder what I'll miss if I accept the offer
    edited November 2013
    Hmm... I don't remember anyone offering 100.000 gold. European numeric representation, this is, I assume? This must be in ToB.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    I'm still "collecting the fee" but I have far more than the 20,000 or 15,000 gp that he wants. I tend to take a really long time in chapter 2, doing most of (likely all that I can) of the sidequests before progressing to Spellhold.

I'm a LN Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric and I have: Dorn, Neera, Rasaad, and Hexxat in my party. It's actually somewhat tough going with only Neera as the dedicated spell caster, espcially since she didn't come with Breach and I don't seem to be able to locate a scroll of it anywhere. Mage heavy battles tend to involve me getting my ass kicked as I tank way too many spells until their spell protections wear off and I club them to death with my flail. :P
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I've just finished Chapter 6. I'm a level 7/24 Fighter/Thief. With an evil party of pure badassery. Everything dies. Everything.
  • I'm at the end of Chapter 3, getting ready to eat some Shadow Thieves for brunch. Just finished Watcher's Keep, which was more of a challenge than in the old version.
  • AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    I'm Me, Dorn, Hexxat, Imoen, Viconia, Neera just finished the underdark, doing non-plot quests now, as I skipped them all and went straight through to Spellhold to start.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2013
    OcculusX said:

Are you on the development team, Mathsorceror?

You can tell whether someone has a certain role by their profile and the color of their posts: blue for Beamdog team members, gray for volunteer moderators.

As for the topic, I haven't started a game for fun yet.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    I am well into ToB now,

still testing out Ascension in the EE. About ready to break into the monastery and have a word with a certain monk.

To answer the obvious question: How's it going with the Ascension conversion? Mostly works, but much needs to be fixed before it should be released.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I am in chapter 2, wrapping up some stuff in Trademeet, before I head to the Windspear Hills to deal with some ogres.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i started in bg2 and did every quest possible and now im right before mellisan figh in ToB, oh, and i got there sunday, i was going to grind my way up to 8 million xp before i went to fight her ( because i only hit around 6.5 million xp when i reached her) but ToB seems to crash every 20 minutes and it really started to piss me off ( in fact it has been doing that through the whole expansion) so im going to wait for a patch or two to come out before i start chapter 10
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I was playing SoA, but then I tried Black Pits 2 and now I cant go back to SoA :(
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2013
    Iam done with SoA and ToB ;))). The new quests from the npcs are really nice. There are a few moments where you have really to think.
    It seems that enemies hit far better then in vanilla bg2. Either that or because i didnt play wizard this time.

Oh and this crashes.......it really sucked. It cost me several hours.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited November 2013
    My 13/13 evil Cleric/Mage has just entered the Underdark and is about to burn the whole sumbitch down for fun and profit. Perhaps that'll get Viconia in the mood.

I opted not to take Edwin and am currently running with Dorn, Hexxat, Viconia, and Korgan. I thought only having 1/2 mage would make the game more difficult, but my PC is still amazingly powerful, even without higher-level mage spells. Hexxat just hit level 20 and can now effectively dual-wield Celestial Fury and Kundane, Dorn just hit level 4 priest spells, Viconia can cast at level 7 and melees with a strength belt and the Flail of Ages... it's going nicely.
  • rizar123rizar123 Member Posts: 30
    I'm in chapter 2, I'm going to trademeet. I've done the Castle with troll, Umar Hill, Planar Sphere, Neera's main quest, Beholder cult, The gem bard thingy quest, and few other sub quest. I need to remember how to trigger the quest with the red dragon. God this game is good =P

I tryed to kill some lich... that was not too... successful, I'll go back later on this one.

Team is CHARNAME fighter flail/shield, Minsc, Jaheira, Hexxat, Aeris, Neera. I wanted to trade Minsc for Dorn as I did in BGEE but he seems way too evil in BG2EE, I don't want to kill paladins for now. Maybe in another playthrough.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I'm in Chapter 3 (sided with Bodhi) with Korgan, Dorn, Viconia, Hexxat, and Edwin, and have completed all of the quests outside of Athkalta, including Dorn's and Hexxat's quests, and most of the quests inside the city. I just finished the Twisted Rune and am working on Kangaxx's quest before heading off to Spellhold.

I think my average reputation in Chapter Two was 2, which made for lively strolls around Athkatla. ~.^
    Very lively strolls, indeed! Haha! XD

I basically did the same as you. the twisted rune ambushed me, though. I'd never actually fought them before and got whisked away to their hidey-hole completely unexpectedly and had the wing the whole fight. I did it first time, and was immensely proud.

What level have you reached? I was something ridiculously high by the time I hit Spellhold. =/
    @Eudaemonium My PC-Necromancer is getting close to level 16, although she started out at 11th level (I did a three party member run in BGEE), so everyone was 9th-11th level when I first recruited them. I think Hexxat is level 19 now. I'm playing on Core rules for everything (including learn spell chances).

As for the Twisted Rune,
    I tried something different by having Edwin cast Mass Invisibility on the party beforehand, which made it almost too easy, as Shangalar and the Mage only cast defensive spells and just stood around until my PC and Edwin could take down their defenses. I thought it was a bug, and then I realized they couldn't target any of my party members since they were invisible
    @Mortianna: I think my Fighter/Thief dual ended up at around 7/19. I imported her at 7/10, so she was higher than the normal starting dungeon (which I then solo'd, because who teams up with dopplegangers and dead people, which gave her a nice XP boost on top of that).

[Spoiler]How did you get Mass Invisibility that early? I think the first time I saw a scroll for it was in the Underdark. I can't even remember what I did to defeat them, because i just kind of threw out everything i could find. At one point the mage summoned a Pit Fiend that then proceeded to attack the Lich, which was funny.

Also because I am curious, how did you resolve Dorn's quest?[/spoiler]
    @Eudaemonium I totally get what you mean about the dopplegangers. What were they thinking, impersonating characters that died during the first couple chapters of BG?

It was random treasure, but I don't remember where/who. And you'd think members of the TR would at least be smart enough to cast Prot. from Evil on everyone in their party before summoning a Pit Fiend. :/

As for Dorn's quest, I decided to kill Azothet and remain in Ur-Gothoz's service. We'll see how that fares. And you?
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Dorn spoiler in response to the above, since I'm curious myself:

[spoiler]I killed Ur-Gothoz and made Dorn serve Azothet. I originally intended to kill both, but I didn't like the result and reloaded. I'm very interested to see how his quest progresses.[/quote]
    @Mortianna: It was a bit of an odd move since Charname has extensive experience with dopplegangers at that point. You'd think they'd have gone with something less obvious.

Apparently, they were not that smart. By the time the Pit Fiend got summoned it was just the mage and loch left, though, so it was possibly just desperation. I think the Fiend was going for Dorn but then the lich Mazed him and it was like 'hmmm. Actually, this lich looks kinda tasty.'

I decided to triple-cross everyone and seal them both in the Abyssal Blade. Dorn loses all his blackguard powers as a result, though, so it has some fairly hefty mechanical consequences.
    @Madhax @Eudaemonium Well, between the three of us, it looks like we're covering all of the possibilities with Dorn's path. I have saves for the other two paths as well, in case I feel like pursuing them later on. We'll have to be wary of each others' spoilers!