Skip to content

Guide on importing items from BG1EE to BG2EE

ChairmanOfTheBoredChairmanOfTheBored Member Posts: 2
edited November 2013 in Challenges and Playthroughs
Alright guys I've seen a few discussions on this, and I myself was perplexed trying to recreate the much loved item importing bug and after a couple of hours of messing around, I figured it out. So here it is, bear with me.

Okay you start a multiplayer game, import your character from your BG1 final save

After Irenicus finishes talking, open the characters screen, not the record, but the party modification one near the bottom, looks like two PCs with arrows between them, your character and Imoen should be there.

Add your character from the end of BG1 again as the third member of the party and save the changes, this time it'll have the items and stuff from BG1.

Transfer all of its items to the first character, and then use the party editor thing again to delete the second copy of your character and quicksave.

Now go and start BG2 in single player as normal, go through the opening: Irenicus talking, Imoen freeing you etc. When all that ends you quick save and exit the game.

Now you need to go to your documents, go find the "mpsave" folders directory and copy the quick save folder from there, then go to the "save" directory and paste/overwrite the folder to there. These should be stored at C:\Users\ChairmanOfTheBored\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition

Now start BG2 up again, go to SoA, single player, load your quick save and hey presto. it'll play from then on like a normal single player game with all your items and stuff intact.
Post edited by ChairmanOfTheBored on

Comments

• jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    Wouldn't it be easier to simply use EEkeeper and re-gift yourself with all of your favorite BG1 items?
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Why are people so fixated on this bug? If you want to cheat, just use the console.
  • enneract said:

Why are people so fixated on this bug? If you want to cheat, just use the console.

Cheating and using exploits are not the same thing. Also, if you were old enough to have enjoyed the game the first time it came around, you might have a better appreciation of some players' nostalgia about this.
    jukaga said:

Wouldn't it be easier to simply use EEkeeper and re-gift yourself with all of your favorite BG1 items?

No.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187

enneract said:

Cheating and using exploits are not the same thing. Also, if you were old enough to have enjoyed the game the first time it came around, you might have a better appreciation of some players' nostalgia about this.
    Heh, the exploit != cheating thing is very debatable.

As for your insinuation that enjoying the game the first time it came around would instill a greater desire to cheat, you are off on all counts - 1) I was around the first time it came around, in fact, I played BG1 when it first came out, 2) When I was younger, I enjoyed cheating too. DrizztDefends() was the best shit ever.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    This exploit was a cheat.
  • BoxrainmanBoxrainman Member Posts: 17
    Or you could copy your final save game to the bgee2 folder and import from save game in bgee2 :)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I do think using EEKeeper or the console is easier, but thanks for posting anyway.
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    A few things:
    1. I also played BG1 when I was young, and I dont care much for this bug for "nostalgic" reasons.
    2. This bug IS a cheat*, no matter how you try to look at it.
    3. Using EEKeeper, is easier than what OP suggests imho. Tho:

Or you could copy your final save game to the bgee2 folder and import from save game in bgee2 :)

Is easiest, if works. Haven't tried it.

Also, if you dont want to cheat.
    And still want a "continuation" of the story...

Considering you were captured caged stripped and whatnot by mister Irenicus...
    Why not make a save-roll for each Item you deem important enough.
    Those who pass the roll you could consider Imoen "stole back" when she got free.

Imho, this seems the most none-cheating way to do it.

*Mind you I dont use cheating as a derogatory term, its a SP. And if you have more fun in your play-through by altering some rules, good on you I say.
    But if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck. Its a duck.