Skip to content

Malchor Harpell???????

I am so confused right now!

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Is that the guy who turns up to take Drizzt's stuff back?

I killed Drizzt so hard. I Dominated two of his friends and had them murder him for me.
  • tenkakahntenkakahn Member Posts: 110
    He just casts some spell instant death i can't even pause target him
    That's odd. Why?
  • FFGFFG Member Posts: 52
    He's just a silly mechanism designed to prevent you from obtaining Drizzt's weapons, regardless of how you decide to deal with him.

The following are the only (AFAIK) ways you can get your hands on his stuff outside of cheating:

a) By killing him outright when you first meet him.
    b) By killing him afterwards when he joins the fight at the Graveyard District.
    c) By having him die against Bodhi and company.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    If that's after you tell him to stuff it, and that you're keeping the spoils from the drizzt slaughter, pretty sure that's what's supposed to happen. If not, buggy bug bug.
    No yah he came asked for them I said go away he came a second time i told him to get lost then he comes now and casts a spell that instant kills everyone when I pause I can't even target him!
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    That is supposed to happen. You aren't supposed to keep Drizzt's loot (for whatever reason) so if you really, really insist on keeping it, you get a game over. Just reload and hand it over, the items are fairly useless at that point anyway.

There is (or at least was, in BG2 vanilla) a way to keep the items by making everyone in your party immune to Imprisonment. This does however cause some serious issues with Malchor randomly appearing in new zones, potentially crashing scripted events.
    I find most of Drizzt's gear pretty useless by that point in the story, so i usually just sell it all to get Gold to buy things like the Scarlet Ninjato.
    Lol man that save when I first saw him was from soooo long ago!
  • MichelleMichelle Member Posts: 549
    You have to stat drain Malcor to keep the loot. Spell immunity abjuration, shapeshift mindflayer on a fighter/mage( or any magelike guy that can use Belm in off-hand ), improved haste.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    If it's still relevant, you can simply dump the things you looted without needing to reload iirc.
    I gave up lol will try again tomorrow have to figure out how to counter imprisonment
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Freedom.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    A) You can protect yourself vs Imprisonment with Spell Immunity: Abjuration or Scroll of Magic Protection.

B) You can keep the items by killing him in Mindflyer form using Transformation or by installing a mod that removes Malchor Harpell from the game.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    There's a component in the BG2 Tweak Pack that disables him. I will have my reward for annihilating the Companions of the Hall. :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @CoM_Solaufein: Well done! :) Just to clarify - does this mod change the descriptions of the weapons as well, or just the filenames so that Harpell doesn't show up?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Just the file names so Harpell doesn't show.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Dont think spell immunity abjuration works because he casts a different spell group imprisonment. The only way you can kill him is mentioned above: mind drain him. However, you have to kill him before he initiates conversation. The foolproof method is to cast time stop with robe of venca when he gates in (or dimension door in? I forget), mind drain him during time stop. However, he will always spawn in Athakla regions if you travel from one place to another. So technically you can keep Drizzt's stuff for equipment or trophy, but he follows you around and annoys the crap out of you.
  • MakranMakran Member Posts: 4
    when does Malchor Harpell appear ? I have killed drizzt in BG2 chapter6, right after going out from underdark, and I got the loot from Drizzt and his fellows, but Malchor Harpell does not appear. I haven't applied any patches or tweaks
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    I mean he was the person to originally give Drizzt the elven scimitar, Twinkle. Should probably just give it back. ;)