Skip to content

I feel stupid asking this already, so please don't insult/flame me...

I guess I've lost it, because I can't find what I want. I'm looking for a list of not really all, but the big improvements in BG2:EE. Things like new encounters, new spells, new weapons, new areas, etc. I don't need to read about the quashed bugs, conversation improvements, etc. Just the big things that are going to make this an amazing experience playing through again for the 100th time. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    The new NPCs are really good and come with new areas that are actually quite a challenge if you take them up in chapter 2 and don't know what's coming. This will give me two playthroughs (evil/good).
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    So far, the only new areas I've gotten to are both areas associated with Neera's first quest. They're very well done, and one of them adds an addition 5-6 quests all by itself. They're simple for the most part, but have some interesting rewards (and from what I hear) an impact on how her first quest ends.
    They also fit in seemlessly with the new game.
  • I haven't seen a list like this, but I'm going to keep an eye on this discussion in case one materializes cause I'd like to see it too!
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Pretty much everything new is related to the new NPC's. If you avoid Neera, Hexxat, Dorn and Rasaad, you'll pretty much be playing the old BG2 with higher resolution and nicer UI. There's new areas, quests, encounters and loot associated with all of them. Especially the boss for Neera's quest breaks many rules for actions per round to make for a unique encounter.