Skip to content

Major bug?? SPOILERS!!!!!

SPOILERS!!!!!

--

So I just reached the Underdark with my part of CHARNAME, Dorn, Hexxat, Aerie, Imoen and Viconia. But just as soon as I entered Dorn and Hexxat started engaging in conversation with me. Nothing wrong about that except for the fact that they keep repeating the same line 1 second after I press end dialog. Is this a known bug? Is there anyway around this?

I'm not the guy to nitpick on small bugs, but this is basically ruining my game. I know I can drop just drop the 2 of em from my party, but then Ill be left with 2 mages and Cleric except blade charname and thats not how I feel like playing.

any help?

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    The patch that just came out fixes this issue. :)
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    LiamEsler said:

The patch that just came out fixes this issue. :)

Yay!

I solved it by Ctrl-Y'ing Hexxat. Once Hexxat was dead Dorn closed the loop. Glad its fixed, though :)
  • imnotgodimnotgod Member Posts: 27
    So will it apply to my current game? or do I need to start over ?
  • Pataki_KnightPataki_Knight Member Posts: 4
    Hello LiamEsler, even though the patch has come out I am still having this problem with Hexxat's dialogue loop in the underdark. I bought BG2ee for mac through the app store. Thanks
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2013
    The patch hasn't hit the App Store yet.

(Which sounds rotten, I know, but when it's released there the problem will be solved.)
    NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!! ARGGGhhhhhh!!!........
    Oh well, thanks Dee for letting me know. I'll just kick Hexxat out for now.
  • paltispaltis Member Posts: 11
    @Pataki_Knight - No need for that I think. I had the same problem and find the solution in this thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24357/underdark-conversation-loop

Just type the following in the console:

C:SetGlobal("OH_UnderdarkComments","GLOBAL",2)
    @paltis - Hello this question comes a couple days later but do you know how to go about adding the debug mode to the baldur ini. file for mac? I ve been trying for the life of me but I cant find the damn ini file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

@paltis - Hello this question comes a couple days later but do you know how to go about adding the debug mode to the baldur ini. file for mac? I ve been trying for the life of me but I cant find the damn ini file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure which version of mac you are using but you should be able to find it in your

username/documents/baldur's gate 2 enhanced edition

folder.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    edited July 2014
    Jarlaxle quest is messed up, Phaedra shows up while fighting deriex or whatever his name is.
    Post edited by toshiro on