Skip to content

BG:EE PC portraits missing from BG2:EE - oversight?

Hi, I am wondering why the BG:EE PC portraits are missing from BG2:EE? I was wanting to play a cleric using that portrait of the guy in gold armor and shield, but that portrait is gone from BG2:EE.

Was this just some kind of oversight? Could we have those portraits back in a patch?

In the meantime, does anybody know where in the BG:EE program folders to find those original portraits, so that I could maybe make copies and manually place them in the BG2:EE portraits folder?

Thanks.

Comments

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    They aren't in any folder, but I solved the issue by extracting them with NearInfinity.
    Now my BP team is ready for BP2. :D
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    @belgarathmth

Another way to do it is to open your character with eeKeeper. Click change portrait and then click extract. Now it will be found in your Portraits folder and can be moved to the BG2EE portraits folder.

I was also disappointed by this and by the missing new soundsets.

Good luck to you!
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Its not really an oversight as it was that they didn't have enough time to implement them into the game. I think it was @LiamEsler that said that they were going to put those new portraits and sound sets in via a patch when they can implement it correctly.