Skip to content

Help

iam1iam1 Member Posts: 43
I want to put a .wav into the game to replace an old one.

Which tool would i use and how would i do it? I have figured to edit dialog.txt but not this

also; would an uncompressed wav play in what BGII:EE has to offer or would i need to make it different?

If my message was unclear in any way, just answering:

"I want to put a .wav into the game to replace an old one.

Which tool would i use and how would i do it?"

would be wonderful! Thanks for your time.

Comments

• iam1iam1 Member Posts: 43
    bump, i know i only posted this on the 22nd but i'd really like to know the answers since the tutorials and modding documentation are few and far between ( i have looked around before posting )

• prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    To replace an existing file simply give your file the same name as original and put it into override folder. It will be used instead. You can use DLTCEP or NI to check what original sound file is called.
    edited November 2013
    you lost me at override folder.

where is this folder?

Thank you once again.

-note i have tried creating a folder called override and sticking it in both /data and the normal directory and filling it with desired sounds, it played the original
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    Override folder should normally be in the same place as your baldur.exe and chitin.key files, but with EE if I remember correctly you can place it in your documents folder too (haven't tested this myself).

Note that putting the 'desired sounds' there will only have any effect if they have the correct file names (i.e. same as the default ones).
    prophet1 said:

Override folder should normally be in the same place as your baldur.exe and chitin.key files, but with EE if I remember correctly you can place it in your documents folder too (haven't tested this myself).

Note that putting the 'desired sounds' there will only have any effect if they have the correct file names (i.e. same as the default ones).

Yes!

Thank you very much)

I had the folders such as override/wav/samename.wav when it should have been override/samename.wav
    edited November 2013
    Oho! some progress which i am delighted with.

Lots of work to do and no time to do it in ^_^