Skip to content

[Request] All Strongholds Mod

ValendaleValendale Member Posts: 34
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Mods
http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/index.php

-snip-
It turns out that I just needed to re-install the game before it would work. Not sure why.
Post edited by Valendale on

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Yeah, try this mod. It's an old component of @DavidW's SCS that was made into a stand-alone component. It lets you choose which strongholds should be available to everyone, and thus gives you more customization options than the BG Tweaks version.
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187
    Uhm... BG2 Tweaks works fine on EE. Hell, you can install it on BG1EE.

• DeltharisDeltharis Member Posts: 124
    @enneract BG2 Tweaks as a whole does. But when I look to the readme some components, like the multiple strongholds one, has an annotation "BG2, BGT only". And since there are components that have "BGEE only" I'm assuming that omitting it is intended and that component can not be installed (or will not work) on BG2EE. Am I wrong?
  • GSmith84GSmith84 Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    Deltharis said:

@enneract BG2 Tweaks as a whole does. But when I look to the readme some components, like the multiple strongholds one, has an annotation "BG2, BGT only". And since there are components that have "BGEE only" I'm assuming that omitting it is intended and that component can not be installed (or will not work) on BG2EE. Am I wrong?

I haven't tested it. But it did prompt me to install Multiple Strongholds with the option to Remove Class restrictions.

Now I haven't gotten far enough in the game to get asked to take a stronghold but it does prompt it in installation for BG2 EE
    Deltharis said:

I'd be willing to bet that the readme hasn't been updated yet.

The differences between BGTuTu/BG1 and BGEE are about 100 orders of magnitude greater than the difference between BG2 and BG2EE. Many, many mods will work 'out of the box' from BG2 to BG2EE (with certain major exceptions, like kits).
  • ValendaleValendale Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2013
    enneract said:

How do you even get the installer to work? I must be doing it wrong I can't figure it out for the life of me.
    Shin said:

Yeah, try this mod. It's an old component of @DavidW's SCS that was made into a stand-alone component. It lets you choose which strongholds should be available to everyone, and thus gives you more customization options than the BG Tweaks version.

Thanks that's awesome but how do you install it? I put it in my BGII EE install directory and run it, and I get "FATAL ERROR : Unix.unix_error" and it stops the installation
    Valendale said:

enneract said:

How do you even get the installer to work? I must be doing it wrong I can't figure it out for the life of me.
    Uhm... you run the setup-bg2tweaks.exe?

You are probably putting it in the wrong directory. The correct one has CHITIN.key
    edited November 2013
    @enneract Ok, that would be nice actually. @GSmith84 If you have more components like that installed could you possibly keep track of what undocumented things like that work? There was a topic about Romance mod for example that is in the same situation I think.

Oh, and... The phrase "100 orders of magnitude greater" bugs me. Orders of magnitude is a big unit to measure with. If for example the difference between BG2 and BG2EE was 10 line of code, the difference between BG1 and BGEE would need to be... 10^100 (googol) lines of code. 20 orders of magnitude more than amount of atoms in the observable universe.
    Hyperbole.
    enneract said:

Valendale said:

enneract said:

Uhm... you run the setup-bg2tweaks.exe?

You are probably putting it in the wrong directory. The correct one has CHITIN.key
    But it's not working. I have it in the directory with Chitin.key and it's not installing.

So do I have to move or copy some other files or something?
    I'm going to try re-downloading it and see if that fixes the problem I think there might be something wrong with my installation actually.
    Ah hah! No wonder, there was something wrong with my installation that was making it impossible to install mods, now it all works perfectly! And it seems you can pick and choose which features you want to install too, that's a welcomed change over the last installer I use that just blanket installed everything.
  • GSmith84GSmith84 Member Posts: 25
    Valendale said:

Ah hah! No wonder, there was something wrong with my installation that was making it impossible to install mods, now it all works perfectly! And it seems you can pick and choose which features you want to install too, that's a welcomed change over the last installer I use that just blanket installed everything.

I'm a Fighter / Mage and I just accepted the Druid Grove stronghold quests. Hopefully that doesn't lock me in because I'd much rather the Planar Sphere but I think it should be good to go. (I was going to go for de'Arnise Keep but SCS Spirit Trolls, the stacking ability score drain, Jesus.)
  • mesmerizedishmesmerizedish Member Posts: 9
    I use the BGTweaks component. My PC is a ranger and is doing both the ranger and fighter strongholds.
  • Big_MurrayBig_Murray Member Posts: 69
    As probably as already been said, the BG2Tweaks component seems to be doing the job just fine for me. Got the Fighter and the Cleric strongholds already in my current game.
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    bg2 tweaks works for me almost perfectly.

anyone know if they added a monk stronghold in EE?
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    it's the fighter stronghold - afaik
    I thought monks got a cleric stronghold. I seem to recall that anyway.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Nah, it's the fighter one like @killeah says. They really need one of their own.
    ValendaleCrevsDaak
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    One question.
    When I install a cleric stronghold from this mod, it will gives me a temple accordingly, which alignment I have?
    I mean like: Good = Lathander, Neutral = Helm, Evil = Talos.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Rylorn23 said:

One question.
    When I install a cleric stronghold from this mod, it will gives me a temple accordingly, which alignment I have?
    I mean like: Good = Lathander, Neutral = Helm, Evil = Talos.

The stronghold quest will involve working with the existing temple for that faith in the Temple district.
    So... How is everyones all stronghold playthrough go? Because my druid stronghold is not acting properly. That is, I've gotten the leadership and all without being anything close to a druid, but first quest is incompletable. I'm sent to kill a named troll and well... She's invincible. I mean truly. She does go down like trolls do, but is immortal in that position, my flail of ages is ignored, everything is ignored. I even tried to ctrl+y her, and she still lives.
  • DarkSpiralDarkSpiral Member Posts: 24
    Known issue. It happened to me too. Try a Death Spell while she's down (use a scroll if you don't have it memorized), before she regenerates and gets back up.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I actually prefer to have a mod that gives strongholds to the NPCs in your party.
    You can still play them, but they would make more sense roleplaying-wise, ie Minsc the ranger of Imnesvale, Neera's Planar Sphere, Anomen joining the Radiant Heart, Aerie working for the Lathander temple, etc...

Except I feel like putting Korgan in charge of Nalia's keep would be a super dick move.
    "Aye, now this be more like it! The first t' disobey me orders gets an axe in their skull."
    @DarkSpiral Well, that problem was weird. You know what helped? Becoming the archdruid. Troll becomes mortal again.
    Though I think it broke the quests later, the game orders you to do your thing until you are strong enough to become the archdruid, and I already am.
  • ManchildKartManchildKart Member Posts: 208
    I can confirm that the multiple stronghold bit of BG2Tweaks works, have picked up the Thief and Fighter ones so far.