Skip to content

A few more noob questions if you all don't mind.

What is a good weapon to put points into for a two weapon fighter? Something that will deal good damage and I will be able to find some good high end gear for?

Can you romance more than one character at a time? Like if I start one will it lock me out of the others? Or can you start all of them but they will get to a point where you have to choose?

and if you can tell me what are some good sites to find good mods for BGEE and BG2EE? Once I finish my vanilla runs of both I want to start playing with some.

Thanks in advance for any help you have all been super great so far!

Comments

• Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    It will depend on your class, and which game. In BG:EE, you will have a hard time finding two really good weapons in the same weapon type. Most likely you'll have one great weapon and one mediocre weapon. Personally I like short swords in BG:EE because you can get both a +2 and +3 (most other weapons you will only find +2). If you are elven, the short swords also get an extra bonus which helps with the two weapon penalty.

In BG2:EE, you can pick almost any weapon and be fine, there are great weapons of every type and you can get +2 and +3 of almost everything as early as chapter two. Most people choose a weapon where the offhand weapon gives a good bonus (since you only get one offhand hit anyway). You should check out some of the threads about best offhand weapons and make your dual wielding choice based on that, IMO.

As far as romance, yes you can romance multiple people, in fact, they will banter with each other if you are romancing two at once, but ultimately they will force you to choose. Also, if you dismiss someone from the party while a romance is active, most of the time you will be ending the romance, so it can be hard to juggle several at once anyway.

Can't help you with mods, I don't use them other than portrait packs.
  • cervanntescervanntes Member Posts: 64
    As Time4Tiddy said, you can get away with most any one-handed weapon in BG2. As a general rule, short sword is always a safe bet for at least the offhand because there are plenty of +2 or higher short swords around, and several of them have nice bonus abilities.

You can have multiple romances at a time, but yes, you will eventually have to choose, at which point the rest stop. There are mods out there that can let you complete multiple romances, but I'm not sure on their state of compatibility with EE.

The Gibberlings Three and Spellhold Studios (at least) have some mods updated for EE, although I haven't been using any yet since I want to play through the game without them to help identify bugs and issues.