Skip to content

Cannot Import BG1 Character Into BG2

Hi, I am new to BG2EE but I have played BG1EE. I cannot successfully import my BG1EE character into BG2EE. I copied the saved games folder, "save", for BG1EE to the save folder for BG2EE. I can see the BG1 saved games in BG2. I click on Single Player, New Game, Create Character, Import, from saved game, and then select my BG1 saved game, and select my player character's name. Then a picture of my BG1 player character and his stats show up on my screen. However, the Accept button is greyed out and I cannot start the game or make any changes.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Is there a workaround?

If it matters, I am running BG2EE on a Mac and the save game folder came from the iPad version of BG1EE. I coped the save game directory for BG1EE using iFunBox for Mac. But these platform details do not seem to be a big issue as BG2EE can see my saved game. The Mac launcher says I am running the latest version of BG2EE.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Comments

• Time4TiddyTime4Tiddy Member Posts: 262
    Are you able to click the "appearance" button? When I import a character, it forces me to still go through appearance and name before I can accept. Everything else is grayed out.
  • talkitrontalkitron Member Posts: 6
    Of course. Thanks for pointing out the silly mistake for a newbie. Thanks! I will get to playing!