Skip to content

[Known 7036] Cult of the Eyeless Quest Stalled

JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
*Received quest
*Defeated Beholder
*Returned used rift device to Underground Temple
*Returned to Temple District

Gaal is there again in his original spot in the Temple District preparing to give his speech. When I return to the Temple of Helm, the person who gave the quest isn't there so I can't get the reward.

I then went down to the beholder cult again. Gaal went hostile referring to the destruction of the Unseeing Eye. I killed him and returned to the Temple District to find him at the same spot once more.

Any ideas on what I did wrong or is this a known issue?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Use the console and enter CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("UnseeingEye","GLOBAL"); to check its value; if you dealt with the Eye then it should be a 2 (but might be a 3). Also, check that the value of GaalSpoke = 2, which it should be. Other than that....I am uncertain what might have happened. Do you have any mods installed?
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    @Mathsorcerer

Thank you for the response!

Unseeing Eye variable is a two, but I could not find the Gaalspoke value. The only Gaal variable I see is "Gaaljob" and its value is 1.

I have no mods installed. Let me know if there is any other information you might find helpful. And thanks again!
    Not sure what caused the issue, but I entered:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHOISIG")

He appeared and rewarded me for the quest. Problem solved, but still strange it happened in the first place.

Has anyone else experienced this one?
    On a related note, Guardian Telwyn did not spawn either to give the Sarles quest. I clua'd him in too and received the quest, but now fear this might be a symptom of a larger problem.

When I returned to the Promenade, it was covered in FOW.
    Wow...

I left the Promenade and Chapter 2 started all over again! Slavers are back despite my clearing them out and everything else returned to default setting.
  • DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    I believe that was a bug that was talked about when the game came out, I thought they had fixed it.. did you install the patch? or did that bug happen before you patched?
    I did install the patch, but I can't remember if I started this game before or after it came out.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    That definitely sounds like the pre-patch bug--it was resetting variables, creatures, spawns, etc. As far as I know the only true fix for this is restart the game.

I didn't even think about spawning Oisig--good call.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, lets hope it was a save corrupted before the patch.