Skip to content

Multiple Final Saves

So I have finished BGEE once but my CHAR isn't as exciting as I'd like. I played 15 years ago as a Ranger and wasn't very inventive and so, just to feel comfortable, I did that again, this time around, just to get my BG "legs" back. However, I am now going through it again as a Multi-classed fighter/mage and I think I like him better. When I complete this play through and start up BG2EE, will there be two "Final Saves" for me to choose from or will this 2nd one overwrite the old one? I assume the former, but I just want to be sure!

Thanks!

Comments

• AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    edited November 2013
    No, there will not be. It will be overwritten. You should load up the final save and instantly pause. This will let you export the character to a character file(through clicking export from the character arbitration page accessible through pressing 'R').

Edit: Or simply manually back up the final save.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're looking at the possibility of making them unique, but for now you'll want to back up any Final Saves you want to keep.

Or you can just go into your saves directory and rename it something other than "Final Save".
  • withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    Thanks, guys! One more question (and I'm not used to being so doltish) but where's my save directory? I'm on a Mac and it's not in the actual application package, along with my scripts, music, movies, etc.