Skip to content

Guys cant we all just get along...... looking for advise

So after a few false starts in getting started with BG2:EE i finally have settled on my Blade. Hes been doing great and has Aerie, Nalia, Hexxat Anomen and i just picked up Viconia. I finished the Planar prison but Anomen and Hexxat just arent getting along and i figure hes going to want to leave. While i'm not really concerned about leaving him (hes a dick) i do need a tank and i'm concerned there arent a lot of options available to me. I didnt take Minsc and Jaheira in the dungeon (i typically ignore them as i dont use them in BG:EE) Dorn has gone all stupid evil, Korgan isnt going to get along with people and neither is Keldorn..... Any ideas who i can use as a tank skermisher?

Comments

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Pretty sure Minsc and Jahs are in town even if you left them behind - Minsc in Copper Coronet and Jahs in the Harper Hideout in the docks. Jahs is more likely to accept your current cohorts I think. If I recall correctly Viconia can tank as well with the right equipment.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Dorn is fairly stupid-evil, but will often defer to the PC's judgment if your brand of evil differs from his. I think he's fine. But he doesn't have a good constitution...

I never mix alignments so I can't say first hand, but I'm pretty sure Korgan doesn't make any major issues with Aerie or Nalia.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    Wanderon said:

Pretty sure Minsc and Jahs are in town even if you left them behind - Minsc in Copper Coronet and Jahs in the Harper Hideout in the docks. Jahs is more likely to accept your current cohorts I think. If I recall correctly Viconia can tank as well with the right equipment.

unfortunately that's only true if i talked to them and released them from their cages but didn't group with them. since i didnt talk to them at all, they are lost forever. (outside of console commands i'd imagine). oh well.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Madhax said:

Dorn is fairly stupid-evil, but will often defer to the PC's judgment if your brand of evil differs from his. I think he's fine. But he doesn't have a good constitution...

I never mix alignments so I can't say first hand, but I'm pretty sure Korgan doesn't make any major issues with Aerie or Nalia.

I'm afraid Korgan does rather start harassing Aerie, and you likely will have to choose between them. There is Mazzy, I suppose.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    There's always Mazzy!
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Oh no... I forgot she doesn't get along with Hexxat either...
  • DisgruntlerDisgruntler Member Posts: 100
    How about Valygar? Doesn't he have decent stats for both melee and ranged?
    If that's not enough, you could always prepare several Stoneskins.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    Yeah i did the planar sphere quest and between me and Valygar, Viconia (now with the flail of the ages and the orge power gauntlets) i have melee covered. I have Aerie and Nalia for spell casting backup and Hexxat for my Backstabing and misc thief needs. So far its been a pretty good group. i will probably swap Nalia for Neera when i come across her. But otherwise its been working out fine
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Madhax said:

Dorn's patron is Stupid Evil.