Skip to content

Game does not run on my laptop with 1024x600

popadinecpopadinec Member Posts: 17
edited November 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hi, I can perfectly play the game on my desktop computer, however, on my laptop the game starts, but it seems to be not able to switch to my resolution. There is white screen instead of intros and after them, the screen looks weird. The game itself seems to work, when I end the process, Boo misses me. Laptop specs:

Intel Atom N2600 dual 1,6 Ghz
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3600
2GB DDR3
LCD 1024x600
Windows8

I have patched beamdog version of the game (BG2EE).

Computer does not support other resolution than 1024x600, is there any possibility to play the game in this resolution?
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• popadinecpopadinec Member Posts: 17
    I would provide you with screenshot, however, there is no button to attach a file in this part of forum :)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @popadinec: My guess is that you're working with a NetBook with a screen resolution of 1024x600.

That is a REALLY non-standard resolution, with a 1024 Wide pixel format typically referencing 768 Pixels Tall in a 4:3 (Square) resolution format.

To be honest this was the first time I'd heard of 1024x600 as a viable resolution...I actually had to look up whether this was or wasn't a true resolution to a screen.

I'm making the guess here that the 1024x600 is not supported by the game. Have you looked online for how to increase your resolution to 1024x768? Do a search on 1024x600 and you'll run into several posts asking how to run at 768 instead of 600.

If you do happen to do this and it does work, please let us know. Otherwise, I'll go ahead and file a bug on the 1024x600 resolution.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited November 2013
    Request 7120 Filed for 1024x600 Screen Resolution.

Anyone else out there with a NetBook running at this resolution that can confirm this does NOT work?
  • popadinecpopadinec Member Posts: 17
    Netbook type is Packard Bell DOTS-C if anyone needed its parameters.

It´s native HD resolution is really 1200x600 and in Win 8 it does not normally support other resolutions. After some googling and playing with the registers, I was able to downscale resolution to 800x600 and 640x480 non HD (but this seems quite difficult for standard user).

The games has same problem as in 1200x600. It seems more like a graphics card compatibility problem now.