Skip to content

(Spoilers!!!) Hexxat Questline Ending(TOB) (Spoilers!!!)

Is there any way to actually KEEP Hexxat in the party when confronted by Larloch (L) at the end of her questline?

It seems like I've tried most of the dialogue options... asking her to make CHARNAME a vampire etc... but it always seems to end with her leaving the party or being turned back into a mortal and dying...

It would be rather disappointing that one of these new characters is inevitably destined to either die or leave the party after playing through the game with her since the Copper Coronet.

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    [spoiler]She has both romanced and unromanced epilogues, so I assume you can convince her - is your character Evil? Do you have high INT/WIS/CHA?
    edited November 2013
    @Jalily:

You mean male characters can't convince her at all? That's... problematic. As far as I can see, persuading her doesn't require a romance - can't she be open to the same input from a man who makes the "power is worth it" argument?
    edited November 2013
    @Jalily:

Wow. Apologies for being critical, but that's so incredibly disappointing. I mean, I've argued long and hard in favor of keeping Hexxat true to the devs' vision of her storyline (particularly where romance was concerned), but this is the only evil party in the game. Are male PCs supposed to default back to Jan in ToB, or just not do her quest?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @shawne

It's a bug, not an intentional decision. She should definitely be able to be convinced by a male PC!
    @LiamEsler: Whew! What a relief - thank you! :)
  • NumoTNumoT Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Character is evil and I tried using ring of human influence, INT is high also however WIS is very low

If anyone knows the specific criteria for whether she stays or goes would be nice, though by the sounds of this thread it seems like a romance is necessary perhaps
  • NumoTNumoT Member Posts: 5
    There's no bug. I Managed to find the right dialogue options to convince Hexxat to stay with the group with a male protagonist, but only after raising CHA and WIS to 18.
  • shixunshixun Member Posts: 23
    You don't need to romance her nor do you need to raise CHA to 18. I did it with 11 CHA 18 wisdom.... You just need to find the right dialogue. Remind her the time the party spent together. Tell her that things will only get better from there. Finally, a promise that you will end her life in the future if she choose to..
  • althoralthor Member Posts: 67
    I had to quaff a potion to raise my intelligence for the dialogue. My int was 16 and wasn't getting the option.

I still wish at some point you could restore her. Even if taking a stat loss. Dropping her stats down to what she has when wearing the cloak (except for dex).
  • HannarrHannarr Member Posts: 20
    I managed to get her to stay with me, it is possible without high wis or int, i have high charisma but i don't think stats affect dialogue options. This is with my male half-orc berzerker.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I don't think it's ability score dependent. You just have to find the correct dialogue tree. There's only one that leads to the desired outcome, AFAIK.
  • MujuroMujuro Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2014
    I believe there are two paths that lead to Hexxat staying with the party.

The first option is to choose the "Has our time together truly been so awful?" path. The options after this are "romance" dependent. If you're not romancing her, choose "Exactly. Things can only get better from here." If you're romancing her, you'll need at least 14 charisma and pick "I'll keep doing it too, if you'll let me" to get her to stay.

The second option requires 14 charisma right up front for "Carry on like what ..." followed by "All Larloch offers you is death ...."

Finally, regardless of the path taken above, you'll need to promise her to end her existence when she so requests.
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Mujuro said:

I believe there are two paths that lead to Hexxat staying with the party.

The first option is to choose the "Has our time together truly been so awful?" path. The options after this are "romance" dependent. If you're not romancing her, choose "Exactly. Things can only get better from here." If you're romancing her, you'll need at least 14 charisma and pick "I'll keep doing it too, if you'll let me" to get her to stay.

The second option requires 14 charisma right up front for "Carry on like what ..." followed by "All Larloch offers you is death ...."

Finally, regardless of the path taken above, you'll need to promise her to end her existence when she so requests.
    So it is possible to make her stay without high charisma? Why I hadn't read this earlier......

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @wuthering20 Yeah, it is.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Why waste the space in the program by creating a more useless character she's actually worse than enema whooops anemon, get the bag from the quest then shove her into the space lock and inject her into D&D version of space