Skip to content

What is offensive "missile adjustment"?

SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
I tried googling this, but all it referred to was the defensive missile adjustment, which changes your AC. Right now my level 18 archer has a -16 thac0. This makes me very happy, but I'm trying to figure out where exactly it's all coming from. She has -6 thac0 and +6 damage from something listed as "missile adjustment". Her dexterity, weapon, ammo type, proficiencies, and elven heritage are all accounted for. What is included in this number?

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Your archer bonuses?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Archers gain +1 thaco and +1 damage with missile weapons per 3 levels. 18/ 3 = 6 so it's likely that's where your mystery bonuses come from.
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    Oh, duh, I was thinking proficiency and class together, even though that clearly didn't add up. Yeah, that's it, thanks.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2013
    I got -20 thaco on my archer, pop a GWW and destroy breached mages in a few milliseconds.

But loads of stuff is immune to ranged, though they do make great mage killers with assistance from a breach. Or same with anything that ranged weapons work on. He also killed one of the bhaalspawns in BP2 before it could change into a slayer.

Oddly, since the last update, I can no longer take multiple smites now, even after taking 2 power attacks and 2 critical strikes, I cant take a second smite, so now I just take GWW.