Skip to content

Cant see CRE in override folder

I created a spell that was suppose to summon a creature using a new CRE file i made for that creature, however i am unable to see it with Nearinfinity or dltcep when i try to add it in to the EFF file, even though it is in the override folder.
How can i make it recognize it's there?

Comments

• prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    edited November 2013
    Browse button in DLTCEP effect editor will only show biffed files (or whatever the EE analogue for biffing now is). This shouldn't matter though - if you input the CRE filename of your creature correctly in the 'Resource' box, it should be spawned by your summoning effect, as long as the file is in override folder.
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68
    So biff is like a library that was used in regular bg series?

But thanks for the answer, that helped a lot!
    What actually happened was that i tried to enter the name in to the Resource box like you said, but found out that the name was longer than what the box allowed, so i renamed it to less letters, and now it shows up in the list in boh NearInfinity and DLTCEP.
    So i guess there's no need for biffing in EE series.
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    Well if you look under Data folder, you'll see a lot of *.bif files there, so they're still very much used.

Those editors sometimes list / treat override files differently from those in archives (i.e. 'Load Item' vs 'Load External Item' in DLTCEP), I just assumed that was the case here since you said the file was there but didn't show up.