Skip to content

best back stabbing weapon for Imoen (single weapon style)?

im not gonna bother with the staff of striking as I have already put a pip in single weapon style. was thinking either dagger or scimitar (i pick pocketed Drizzit). thoughts?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    In BG1EE? What weapon profs do you have for her? Varscona is good, but you might have someone else who wants to use it. The Shadow's Blade (short sword +3) is pretty great, and the Whistling Blade (+2) before that.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Oh, and Icingdeath is great too :)
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Drizzt's Scimitar is probably the best choice. Whatever has the highest damage (without procs), so it gets multiplied the best by the backstab modifier. Contrary to what may feel intuitive, daggers are usually pretty bad weapons for backstabbing because of their low base damage.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    While the damage from daggers isn't great, a hit from the Dagger of Venom is gonna screw up spellcasters. Otherwise just go with your highest damage weapon, simple.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126

Drizzt's Scimitar is probably the best choice. Whatever has the highest damage (without procs), so it gets multiplied the best by the backstab modifier. Contrary to what may feel intuitive, daggers are usually pretty bad weapons for backstabbing because of their low base damage.

thanks for the help, sorry for the redundancy
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Drizzt's scimitar, Dagger of Venom, or Short Sword of Backstabbing... though honestly I don't consider backstabbing a big deal in BG1.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I would love a tweak that added backstab multipliers to daggers.