Skip to content

Familiars?

If this is the wrong place to post, then I apologize, but... Is there a way to add a familiar to a character? I mean, honestly, I would barely use it, since late game BGII it would have a high chance of dying, but... I can't get anything to work. Using the CLUA only lets the familiar out after you summon it via CreateCreature("FAMFER"), and once you put it in your bag, you can't release it. Or rather, you release it, and it just goes 'poof'. Any ideas?

Disclaimer/clarifier: It's for R.P.ing with a couple friends, based on characters we made for a non-D&D RP on another site, so we'd like them more for character accuracy than for anything gamebreaking or whatever. I don't even need/want the HP boost. I just want to be able to take it out and put it away, feed it, etc, like you would for a 'normal' pet.

Comments

• AkuroAkuro Member Posts: 93
    It might be a good idea to explain what you exactly mean with "adding a familiar" to a character.
    1.) You could change the existing familiars to your liking. For example, once I changed the vanilla imp into a golem, which is more suitable for my mage character.
    You can choose any creature you like for your familiar with modding tools - want to have a Gauth as you little "pet"? Or maybe a hovering skull, which can cast scrolls and offer you some advice (named Morte hehehe)? This would be an awesome familiar for a necromancer, I say!

2.) If your character isn't a mage, you could edit the scroll "find familiar" to be usable by the class you play. Cast the scroll with your MC and poof - there you go.

In short: You can do almost anything you imagine by using the awesome Dragonlance Editor Pro (DLTC), it's up to you. :)
  • zurathanzurathan Member Posts: 53
    if you are okay with cheats and want a simple solution,
    CLUAConsole:AddSpell("SPCL342") is your line. this is, ranger kit beastmaster's special ability.
    and you have to point your caracter with mouse cursor when you are hitting enter, othervise no effect.
    be warned this is an imba cheat!
  • Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
    @Akuro Alright, I'll have to try that, thanks!
  • NoitchiNoitchi Member Posts: 8
    Do you guys have a list of these AddSpell lines? I'd gladly put my hands on these codes :P

• AcruxAcrux Member Posts: 11
    There's a really easy way to allow characters to activate items they are not usually allowed to use:

1. Pause the game.
    2. Have your character "use" an item in his or her inventory, such as a potion.
    3. Swap the just-used item for a to-be-used item (i.e. the Find Familiar scroll)
    4. Unpause the game.

Your character should now activate the second item. This works for many different kinds of items.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Acrux said:

There's a really easy way to allow characters to activate items they are not usually allowed to use:

1. Pause the game.
    2. Have your character "use" an item in his or her inventory, such as a potion.
    3. Swap the just-used item for a to-be-used item (i.e. the Find Familiar scroll)
    4. Unpause the game.

Your character should now activate the second item. This works for many different kinds of items.

Yeah, but that got fixed and by thus can't be done in the Enhanced Editions.