Skip to content

Top 10 most influential humans in Faerun (and why?)

GO! (I predict seeing Elminster a fair bit)

Comments

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Guess it depends on the timeline, but well.. here is a selection of influental humans around 1372..

Elminster, Storm Silverhand, Fzoul Chembryl, Halaster Blackcloak, The Simbul, Manshoon, Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, Artemis Entreri, Alustriel
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Kurumi said:

Guess it depends on the timeline, but well.. here is a selection of influental humans around 1372..

Elminster, Storm Silverhand, Fzoul Chembryl, Halaster Blackcloak, The Simbul, Manshoon, Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun, Artemis Entreri, Alustriel

That list is pretty good, not sold on Halaster Blackcloak or Artemis Entreri though. Halaster typically keeps to himself in Undermountain and Artemis and his mercenary band are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. I'd say Piergeiron the Paladinson would make the list, being the only open Lord of Waterdeep which is the largest and possibly most influential city in the Western Heartlands if not Faerun. King Azoun IV Obarskyr of Cormyr would make the list too, over Entreri for sure, until his death in 1371. He was king of Cormyr and leader of the Purple Dragon Knights.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    I only heard of Elminster and Khelben on that list.
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2013
    Szass Tam should definitely be on the list. As @GoodSteve already mentioned, neither Artemis or Halaster are specially influential, although very famous.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Szass Tam is not a human.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2013
    In no particular order:

Szass Tam (He's a Lich, but was born a human)
    Piergeiron (Closest thing the Lord's Alliance has to a leader)
    Gareth Dragonsbane
    Elminster
    Khelben
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    CHARNAME
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    Kurumi said:

Szass Tam is not a human.

Well, he was born one ;)
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    edited November 2013
    Another one came to me:

Telamont Tanthul (Leader of the Shadovar). He was born human before becoming infused with shadow, so if Liches count for this list, then he probably should as well.
    Post edited by Millardkillmoore on
  • I'm surprised people haven't mentioned Hrothgar and Everard, yet I'm not sure if the cold north counts as part of the continent of Faerun.
  • IrithylIrithyl Member Posts: 40
    I was going to say Jarlaxe, but then remembered he is not human :P Telamont is not human, he is a shade in the 14th century.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819

In no particular order:

Szass Tam (He's a Lich, but was born a human)

I'd add the other zulkirs of Thay too.
    - Aznar Thrul - male human (lvl 23 in 3rd ed) - Zulkir of Evocation
    - Druxus Rhym - male human (lvl 24 in 3rd ed) - Zulkir of Transmutation
    - Lallara Mediocros - female human (lvl 21 in 3rd ed) - Zulkir of Abjuration
    - Lauzoril - male human (lvl 22 in 3rd ed) - Zulkir of Enchantment
    - Mythrellaa - female human (lvl 20 in 3rd ed) - Zulkir of Illusion
    - Nevron - male human (lvl 24 in 3rd ed) - Zulkir of Conjuration
    - Yaphyll - female human (lvl 19 in 3rd ed) - Zulkir of Divination

And of course badass runemasters of the Twisted Rune, all of which are undead now, but most of them were humans before they cheated death.
    - Kartak Spellser - male human lich (lvl 31 in 3rd ed)
    - Priamon "Frostrune" Rakesk - male human lich (lvl 27 in 3rd ed)
    - Rhangaun - male human lich (lvl 33 in 3rd ed)
    - Shyressa - female human vampire (lvl 23 in 3rd ed)
    - Jymahna - female human lich (lvl 19 in 3rd ed)

There are also two other runemasters, but they were not humans before they undeath.
    - Sapphiraktar the Blue - male ancient blue dracolich
    - Shangalar the Black - male tiefling lich (lvl 27 in 3rd edition) - whom you can encounter in the secret compound in Athkatla (SoA).

I noticed, that nobody mentioned Larloch, a mighty lich from the time of Netheril. Maybe he's not that influential, but he does have his own Keep-Full-of-Undead.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Cahir said:

I noticed, that nobody mentioned Larloch, a mighty lich from the time of Netheril. Maybe he's not that influential, but he does have his own Keep-Full-of-Undead.
    Plus he has a few spells he created and are used throughout the land
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    Artimis Enteri, Bhaal, Bane, Myrkul, Cyric (all started as humans), Nasher Alagondar
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I say Volo - without him, who would know about the others?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    1.Boo
    2.Boo
    3.Boo
    4.Boo
    5.Boo
    6.Boo
    7.Boo
    8.Boo
    9.Garrick
    10.Cernd