Skip to content

Carsomyr MR

JaggedJagged Member Posts: 105
I've never been sure whether Carsomyr is supposed to set MR at 50% despite any previous MR or if it just adds 50% to what you already have.

Has this been updated at all in BG2EE?

I'm thinking of trying to get 100% MR for a fighter/thief.

Thanks!!
Post edited by Jagged on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I tried Carsomyr with the amulet of magic resistance (+10%) and I got 60% out of it so presumably it works with other items as well.
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    Carsomyr sets magic resist to 50%. You have to equipp other gear after carsomyr to increase your magic resist.
    So innate magic resist wont stack to it.

Carsomyr 50%
    Armor 15%-20%
    Amulet 10%
    Ring 10%
    Ring 2 5% (Priest Ring of Talos/Helm/Tyr)

= 95%. Any item i forgot?
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 105
    I sort of remember it doing the same in BG but items needed to re equip after traveling. If that is still the case it makes me think it is meant to set MR at 50%.

I like the idea of using both the holy carsomyr and the evil human flesh armor at the same time.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Afaik it is indeed supposed to set your MR to 50 (going by the lore behind the weapon), but the implementation in the game doesn't work that way. I'm not sure if that's intentional, or a consequence of the way things are coded. As people stated, it's definitely possible to stack more MR on top of it if you do it in the right order.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    First of all, the Carsomyr does stack with innate MR. If you get 5% MR from Machine of the Lum, equipping the sword grants you 55% MR. For others MR boosting items, those MR stack only after you equip the sword and then equip the other items.