Skip to content

Very amused (Neera and Anomen spoilers)

I have been seeing some dialogue that has nearly made my eyes pop out in both amusement and disbelief, and has also caused the odd snort of laughter. I decided to post this to let the devs know that I appreciate the new material.

So... In this vanilla run, my PC is romancing Rasaad. Anomen, apparently being the randy goat that he (now) is, has decided to court Neera with some very dirty suggestions (Ano, I never knew you had it in you!!). Today, he wanted to be a 'roebuck' to Neera's deer, and make her pant in the grass. 0_o Best of all, she decided to, ahh, get with him after all! ;) Gold!
kamuizinTsyrithCrevsDaakStarflower2525[Deleted User]

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    have to see that. Personal note, my neutral play will be with chaotic neutral anomen and neera as certain party members!
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    The disturbing thing about it is that the dirty dialogue happens after he is knighted. I wonder what he will say to her if he fails his test? Should be something to see.
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Does this mean that if I'm romancing Neera with Anomen in my party, I can kick his balls out through his ears for trying?
    booinyoureyesStuckinMudCrevsDaak
  • ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Hmm that seems a bit out of character to me, besides nature metaphors are more Cernd's style :P
    @enqenq
    If that romance conflict occurs, it should make for some very entertaining viewing. Let's see how determined Anomen actually is. ;)

@Erinne
    It *did* take me by surprise, I'll give you that. In this playthrough, it simply confirmed to me that my PC had made the right choice in Rasaad, and not Anomen. My PC never did believe he had true feelings for her, she was simply 'there'. Well, as it turns out, he is one very lusty knight, and he'll get it where he can.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    edited November 2013
    You mean this one? :D

I knew my habit of taking screenshots of funny convos would be useful :D
    booinyoureyesCrevsDaak[Deleted User]
    @Avenel

Might be Haer'dalis/Aerie drama v2. I think interfering would just serve to end the romance if it hasn't progressed deep already. Neera seems afraid of commitment, so she might just like the opportunity to emphasize her freedom.
    @enqenq
    I think you're right...Neera didn't seem terribly upset at the idea of an, ahem, casual encounter, it was just that it was Anomen! I booted Anomen from the party before Spellhold, so I don't know if there was a final talk/break up between them.

@Sylph
    Lol!! Yep, that's one of them alright. I wish I had a screenshot of the deer dialogue...I nearly fell out of my seat!
    @Sarlyssia

Is that supposed to be real? Did you reload and swap party members around to get all those responses? Datamining? MAGIC?!
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Sarlyssia said:

This one? @Avenel

Anomen: My dear lady
    Neera: You know, every time you call me that, I imagine myself with antlers.
    Anomen: Then as your roebuck, I will chase you, Deer Lady, and make you pant in the soft grass.
    Neera: What? You want pants made of soft grass? This is getting so weird, Anomen.

You have to read all of them though it gets really hilarious in the end. XD
    Neera: WHAT?!
    Anomen: I have courted you a long while, and you have resisted my best efforts. Now I invoke the privilege of an earnest lover, the naturally yielding nature of woman, and the equally natural dauntlessness of man. How can I fail with such powers behind me? The time has come. Let me enjoy the sugar upon your lips.
    Neera: Bloody hells. If it'll give me some peace and quiet, I'll give you what you're asking for.
    Anomen: Truly?
    Neera: Yes. All you had to do was be a little bold. I like my men manly, I guess, or whatever it is you were being. I'll come to you when no one's looking.

Neera: Here you go.
    Anomen: What's this?!
    Neera: I was resistant at first, I'll admit, but once you brought it up, I couldn't stop fantasizing!
    Anomen: You! But I...
    Neera: Do you want me to tell you what I imagined first? Shortbread biscuits with strawberry preserves! I know, I know. Not that creative but so delicious! Then I thought about glazed pears, mincemeat pies, puddings, gingerbread...
    Anomen: But this sack! It's...”
    Neera: Yes! A pound of sugar from Waukeen's Promenade. As promised. Get cooking!
    Jaheira: Anomen! I am almost embarrassed to request marzipan; it is so excessively sweet. But I do like it.
    Imoen: Heya, Anomen! Taffy is good! Plain old taffy.
    Aerie: Does liking shortbread seem too obvious, Anomen? Because I do! It seems hard to make... Good luck!
    Viconia: I hate sweets, but hmm. Candied violets with anise seeds are not bad. Make me some, human.
    Mazzy: I would be no halfling if I didn't like cakes of all sorts. Bake me a seed cake, Anomen, and I swear I will be your stalwart sister-in-arms.
    Nalia: Oh, Anomen! I'd love some sweet spiced wine. Our cellars were full of wine from the Vilhon Reach that our cooks would make into the most delicious concoctions...
    Hexxat: Lean in, Anomen. Blood and sugar are surprisingly complementary.
    And that's why I love Neera.
    CrevsDaak
    @Sarlyssia

That is absolutely hilarious! Pure gold. I almost wish I had kept him in the party just to see that dialogue, but fortunately we have you to show us! :D
    @Sarlyssia
    Hah hah! Sounds like Anomen got outsmarted, but not before he and Neera got what they, ah, wanted from each other. I'd love to know if there was any additional dialogue between these two, and how it varies if charname is male. ;)
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Sarlyssia said:

You have to read all of them though it gets really hilarious in the end. XD

Neera: WHAT?!
    Anomen: I have courted you a long while, and you have resisted my best efforts. Now I invoke the privilege of an earnest lover, the naturally yielding nature of woman, and the equally natural dauntlessness of man. How can I fail with such powers behind me? The time has come. Let me enjoy the sugar upon your lips.
    Neera: Bloody hells. If it'll give me some peace and quiet, I'll give you what you're asking for.
    Anomen: Truly?
    Neera: Yes. All you had to do was be a little bold. I like my men manly, I guess, or whatever it is you were being. I'll come to you when no one's looking.

Neera: Here you go.
    Anomen: What's this?!
    Neera: I was resistant at first, I'll admit, but once you brought it up, I couldn't stop fantasizing!
    Anomen: You! But I...
    Neera: Do you want me to tell you what I imagined first? Shortbread biscuits with strawberry preserves! I know, I know. Not that creative but so delicious! Then I thought about glazed pears, mincemeat pies, puddings, gingerbread...
    Anomen: But this sack! It's...”
    Neera: Yes! A pound of sugar from Waukeen's Promenade. As promised. Get cooking!
    Jaheira: Anomen! I am almost embarrassed to request marzipan; it is so excessively sweet. But I do like it.
    Imoen: Heya, Anomen! Taffy is good! Plain old taffy.
    Aerie: Does liking shortbread seem too obvious, Anomen? Because I do! It seems hard to make... Good luck!
    Viconia: I hate sweets, but hmm. Candied violets with anise seeds are not bad. Make me some, human.
    Mazzy: I would be no halfling if I didn't like cakes of all sorts. Bake me a seed cake, Anomen, and I swear I will be your stalwart sister-in-arms.
    Nalia: Oh, Anomen! I'd love some sweet spiced wine. Our cellars were full of wine from the Vilhon Reach that our cooks would make into the most delicious concoctions...
    Hexxat: Lean in, Anomen. Blood and sugar are surprisingly complementary.
    I almost fell out of my chair when I was reviewing the dialog trees and came across this.
    kamuizinCrevsDaak
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Oh my...
  • SarlyssiaSarlyssia Member Posts: 27
    @Avenel Well like I wrote some dialogue options only appear if Neera is romanced, implying that Charname is male, some only appear if Anomen is romanced, implying that Charname is female. But if none of them is romanced the dialogue doesn't distinguish between a male or female Charname. I personally haven't found any additional dialogue between these two but I could have overlooked something.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Lol! What a Jerk neera got with Ano, i would like to see more relationship between NPCs instead of only main char getting romances.
  • maerduinmaerduin Member Posts: 21
    Yay! These were some of my favorite non-serious banters to write for Neera, though I'm not responsible for the ToB banter @Sarlyssia posted.

Anomen and Neera never actually *do* get together (as far as I know?), as the attraction is all on Anomen's side.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited November 2013
    thats how I read it, to me she just played a practical joke on him leaving him thinking's he's getting some action back at camp but he just gets given actual sugar, so she can have something sweet on his lips in a literal sense

I never felt like it was actually was meant to have gone anywere
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Anomen hits on charnames gf if neera is romanced?

And charname cant say nothing? LOL what a wimp
    booinyoureyesStuckinMud
    @maerduin
    Lol, I love the tiny bit of uncertainty in your post. Are you *quite* sure that Neera didn't give in for just a moment? After all, she likes her men 'manly', and Ano is, despite all his faults, physically impressive. ;)
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    My Charname would have been all like.

Soren: *Grabs a Leather Glove, and slaps Anomen across the face with it.* I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!

*Everyone watching making the O_O face, meanwhile Anomen stands there with his mouth gaping open, completely speechless.*

. . . Yeah, I got nothing else after that, Anomen probably would go cowering into his corner or something. *shrug*
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    My main would have at first tiny flirt warned of death. Tiny bit more slit throat and watch blood...
    @SapphireIce101
    Lol! And at that point, with Ano's mouth wide open, that's when Neera steps up and puts a sugar cube in his mouth! ;)

@tennisgolfboll
    Sounds like my charname is a lot more patient than yours, though I have to admit that she *did* want to slap him during his 'courting lovetalks' (seriously Ano, is that how you court women, the way you 'courted' Neera)? :)
    @Avenel - Probably, then my Charname steals some sugar from Neera, because he's awesome like that. :O
    @SapphireIce101
    You know what? That would have been awesome, but then Ano comes back from his sugar haze, and he goes into a frenzy because Neera is putting sugar onto charname's lips, and then it is all over :)
    @Avenel - Duel to the Death for Neera's affection! . . . Charname wins every time. :D
    @SapphireIce101
    Hah hah, it's the only conclusion that can be drawn - Neera + sugar ='s sweetening charname's heart ;)