Skip to content

HELP-Server error on Windows xp Pc for Bg2?

I installed the game for my windows xp. It has more than enough specs for the windows version and It keeps on saying verification failed due to a server error when I have to register the game account email I purchased with. This is really annoying. Not only that but I shouldnt have to do that after all I want to do is play the game. Whats the deal?

Comments

• DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Hm..I can get on the internet but Beamdog and baldurs gate both suffer from server error. Is it possible that the program is being blocked and if so what can I do?
    edited November 2013
    I tried that and it doesnt work. This computer is from an office so for some reason it wont install the xp program update you sent. Thanks for this help but I really dont know what to do. Do I have to register the friggin program or can I just play the game. This is kind of ridiculous. I didnt have this issue with my mac. There's got to be a way to play without registering online. Registering online does nothing/waste of time.
    I did the install now and it said the game was already installed and went right to the same issue. I dont think this computer will be able to play any of the beamdog games. It has the right requirements but just isnt accessable. It should be like Good old games where you install the game and then play it right away. I have it at another house for mac but im rarely there.
    Sylvus,

I tried that option and thought that it had worked. It didnt though. It came up with this message form of an error-"Baldurs Gate has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for an inconvenience."

It comes up whenever i run it from main directory. You've been extremely helpful but do you know what I might do. I really want this to work but it seems like I am screwed. :(

Hail and well met, brave warrior @DKnight!

It's been almost twelve hours since I posted my last suggestion of by-passing the launchers and just running the Baldur.exe file to load the game.

Did this option work for you?

Should you pm me or should I private message you?