Skip to content

Dorn's encounter with Simmeon not triggering.

Having an issue with the last part of Dorn's quest line. When I get to the Baldurs Gate bridge Dorn doesn't mention sensing Simmeon and he isn't above Quayle where he is supposed to be.

I picked up Dorn earlier in the game and did the first parts of his quest, then dropped him at the Friendly Arm Inn and went and did Cloakwood.

I've read the letter from Kyrll(?) and have the journal entry that Simmeon is lying in wait for Dorn.

Is there a way for me to trigger the next part of the quest with EEkeeper or the console?

Current Dorn quest values in EEkeeper are..

DORN_AMBUSH 1
DORN_ROMANCE1 2227306
DORN_ROMANCE2 2357076
DORNCDEV 3
DORNEXISTS 1
DORNINTERACT 1
DORNPARTY 1
DORNPLOT 3
DORNTARIS 4
DORNTIMER1 1737432

Comments

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I struck this in my current playthrough as well, in v1.2. I did something like you did: picked up Dorn early in the game, advanced the quest till it got to the BG Bridge part, dumped him out and continued playing with my normal party until I was able to access BG, then picked him up again to finish the quest.

No amount of changing zones etc would fix it for me, and it "randomly" triggered dialogue (he would run the line of dialogue that would play if you remove him from the party then accept him back in when he talks to you). We also teleported from the BG bridge map to the FAA inn inside where Dorn stands, he said the dialogue again and then we teleported back to the bridge map etc. Then his dialogue just went crazy and popped up immediately as soon as I ended it etc.

In the end, I was able to get it working by exiting the game and reloading the autosave made from leaving the ankheg map to the bridge map, and after transitioning to the bridge map, Dorn made the expected dialogue about sensing simmeon.

I am not sure what broke the quest. I suspect it may have been because I picked up Dorn from FAA then traveled directly to the bridge map and it was busted then.
  • PakioPakio Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2016
    Hello,

I am having the same problem right now.

I played with Dorn from the first encounter in FA Inn and did the first part of the quest and got the letter from Krill.

Then I left Dorn at the inn again until I can enter BG. After flooding the mines, I pick him up again, tried to find Simmeon but he does not appear,

There is a Dialogue about Luskan triguering when I enter BG, so I tried to spend some more time with Dorn, moved to some other areas, got some XP, level up, and went again to de bridge, but Simmeon is not there.

Do I need some other requirement (time spend with Dorn, or minimun level or something like that?
    I tried to reload the last save game before I pick Dorn again.

I recruited him, spend some time with him and got some XP before going to BG and cross the bridge for the 1st time.

Then I entered from the ankheg area to the bridge, crossed the bridge for the first time, talked with Scar and yet Simmeon is not there or any dialog triggers...
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,028
    This happens to me every game also. I have been able to get around it by going to the ankheg map and saving and then exiting the game. I reload and the enter the bridge map via the ankheg map. This seems to work for me.

If you have already visited the bridge map and dialog did not fire, try going to the ankheg map and saving and the reloading and then going to the bridge map. I recall doing this once and it worked also.
    I kept playing a little more with Dorn, and a second dialogue about Dorn's past trigguer.

But the story is not finished yet and my guess is that I have to wait till the whole story of Dorn in revealed before he's ready to meet with Simmeon.

What I don't know is how long I need to wait or what event will trigger the end of Dorn's story...
    well I stayed with Dorn for another 30 days in game, and still not trigering.

I also tried the save in the ankegh area and restart and didnt work,
    If you killed the necromancer, the Dorn story should trigger when you enter the bridge district if the gate to BG city is open.

Try entering the bridge area from the north of the ankheg area.
    Yes, of course, as said, I picked Dorn again once I have access to Baldurs Gate
    I have no other advice. You could try to change the trigger using CLUA console. That should work, but I am not sure of the code.