Skip to content

Dorn Quest (SPOILERS)

I cant seem to make the demon appear from the tree in Resurection Gorge. I have talked to the Druid and got the other 2 stones. Any ideas?

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    The demon should appear right before you enter the Great Tree on the left side of the tree

Once your inside you have to sacrifice someone in the circle whether it be one your NPC's or the guy lying on the ground. Use a cleric and cast a raise dead spell on him

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Wait, there's a quest? How do I even start this thing?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    The demon's invisible. True Seeing (oddly) doesn't work, dispel magic near where he taunts you does. He'll appear and you can kill him.

@Chow
    After about a week in the party, his demon boss rings him up and gives him a new target.
    Never did for me.
    Okay, so I guess I'm about to fight Irenicus and I never got any of Dorn's quest to trigger. Please tell me his stuff in ToB will regardless come up as normal.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I'm not into ToB yet, but I'd really consider holding off and messing with variables or something to get Dorn's quest to trigger. It's pretty major, and seems like it would inform heavily on what goes down with him in ToB.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    It'll be fine.
    Well, I'm still a little bummed it didn't trigger in the main game.

Can someone spoil me the basics of what happened?
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited November 2013
    Okay, what follows is VERY, VERY, VERY spoilerific. You have been WARNED:

Quest 1: Dorn slaughter's a Paladin and his wedding procession in the Temple of the Radiant Heart.

Quest 2: Dorn seeks out a Paladin of Helm named Terpfin and slaughter's him and his entourage in their camp (a new area added), including a fanatical priest of tyr.

Quest 2.5: After leaving the camp, a group of the fanatical followers of Tyr ambush the party ("you have been waylaid by enemies encounter"). After killing this group, a powerful demon appears and tells Dorn how to betray his patron, as Dorn is quite annoyed with doing Ur-Gothoz's bidding by this point. This leads to quest 3.

Quest 3: This opens a new area, the Gorge of Resurrection, I believe it's called. Dorn and party need to figure out how to enter the gorge from after exploring a fairly large map that is rather impressive visually compared to most the rest of BG2. Once in the gorge, the party must collect 3 crystals to be used in summoning a powerful demon, and one of those crystals is obtained by fighting a less powerful demon who drops a nice sword for Dorn.

Enter the base of the tree with the summoning crystals, and either sacrfice a party member or a resurrect and then sacrifice a druid that is laying dead in the summoning circle. You can summon either Ur-Gothoz or Azothet to betray whichever you like, or you can betray Ur-Gothoz, and then fight Azothet when he appears to become Dorn's new patron. Each demon you betray/kill makes the sword recently obtained by Dorn more powerful, but if you kill both Dorn will have no patron, and will become a fallen blackguard.

The best way to go seems to be betraying Azothet and remaining loyal to Ur-Gothoz, as Ur is so impressed with Dorn's prowess in killing his rival Azothet, and by Dorn's loyalty, that he gives Dorn an A-MAY-Zing helm. He also promises to be more selective in the tasks he gives to Dorn (win/win).

So Dorn ends up with a great sword that is particularly effective against demons (which there are plenty of those in the game), and an awesome helm. I haven't seen anything beyond this so far, so as far as I know this is the extent of the SoA quests for Dorn (but I'm still only in chapter 3).