Skip to content

BG:EE Bugs galore

urdjururdjur Member Posts: 53
I'm not sure which of these are already known or if some will even be fixed when 1.2 is released for iPad, but here goes:

BLACK RECTANGLES
These will appear on screen in the in-game as well as on the map, randomly it seems. Reloading makes them go away. You can't set pointers in these "areas" so as to explore them, they are just blank. Some are big, some are small.

NO OVAL GREY MARKS ON SOME MAPS
Haven't played BG1 before, so I don't know if this is how it supposed to be. But some places in Beregost for instance had these oval, grey "wheel" icons, indicating places of interest on the map (as did locations in BG2). But now they are gone. I'm in Baldur's Gate and not seeing any. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but it sure makes finding stuff more difficult.

GLITTERDUST DOESN'T REVEAL INVISIBLE
Yeah, it blinds, but invisible people aren't revealed for 4 rounds. This effect should always apply regardless of saving throw. Now it doesn't apply regardless of save.

SKULL TRAPS ARE DUDS
If I cast Skull Trap near an enemy, it explodes. However, if I cast it so nobody is inside the trigger radius immediately, I can walk past it without triggering it and so can enemies. Is that how it's supposed to be?

POTION AND SCROLL CONTAINERS WON'T OPEN EASILY
You have to click "open container" like 18-19 times to get it open. I've tried slow, held down, fast - doesn't seem to matter, it just randomly will access the container at times, but most often it will just close the container window and return to inventory screen.

TALK AND FORCE TALK SOMETIMES DON'T TARGET
So you see the guy you wanna talk to (an innkeep for instance) and pressing the highlight button he comes up as someone you can interact with (the circle is there), but you just can't click on the guy. You might as well try to talk with the floor. Leaving the room and entering again solves the issue.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    BLACK RECTANGLES-I think this is a memory problem, if you play the same save for some time (more than half hour) the limited resources of Ipad seems to find it difficult to 'draw' the environments of the game, hence black squares. Saving, quitting game and reloading fixes this as memory is freed.

POTION SCROLL CASES-You need to tap the very left corner of the 'open container' button. Once you master it it works %100.

TALK AND FORCE TALK-again it may be a memory problem, but sometimes you can't interact with people and containerd. Zooming out to the max and zooming in to the max next fixes this problem in my cases.