Skip to content

Black Pit 1 Party of younger NPCs from the Black Isle FR Games

I recently made a fun party of NPCs from the FR, usually younger versions of characters you have met
I pretended it was an adventure from their youth, and how they leveled up :p

Keldorn (LG Human Inquisitor): I gave him higher dexterity and lower wisdom to match his age (and used the Generic Handsome Man in Plate Armor for his Picture)

Gorion (LG Human Conjurer) using Edwin's Picture from BG1

Hrothgar from IWD (NG Human Fighter-->Cleric) using Anomen's Portrait

Saemus Freakin' Havarian (CN Human Swashbuckler) using Corans pic

Oswald Fiddlebender from IWD (CG Gnome Illusionist) using Tiax (lol)

Arundel from IWD (TN Human Druid) using that new portrait of the weird bearded (dwarf) guy who is holding a coin and has a hood.

Anyone else have ideas?
I was thinking maybe Melissan, Irenicus, Tethtoril, Scar, Erevain with his broadsword and a younger Haer-dalis or something.

Please share :) I plan on playing again with different classes. I'm for sure going to use Balthazaar as a Sun Soul Monk or a plain Monk. Looking for maybe another Cleric Class

Comments

• KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited November 2013
    Cool idea, booinyoureyes!

Want to suggest a Cleric then..

I always loved Tyrannar Brutai Mar.. a half-drow neutral evil Fighter/Cleric (High Cleric) of the Xvimian Faith (IWD2).

INFIDELS! Prepare to suffer eternal torment and pain at the hands of those you've slain!

BRUTAI MAR'S EQUIPMENT (D&D 3.0 though)

Armor:

Mithral Field Plate +2 (Medium Armor, Armor Bonus: 10, Max Dex Bonus +2)

Weapons:

Flail of the Elements +5 (+1D6 Cold, +1D6 Electrical, +1D6 Fire)
    Brilliant Flail of Wounding +5 (Brilliant Energy: All attacks ignore targets Armor and Shield bonuses)
    Xvim's Brutal Impact

Xvim's Brutal Impact

As one of the perks of being the Tyrannar (high cleric) of the Xvimian faith within the Legion of the Chimera, Brutai Mar received the deadly warhammer, Xvim's Brutal Impact. This hammer sports a finely etched shaft with images of Iyachtu Xvim fending off legions of paladins. Its exquisitely crafted mithral hammer is much larger than most warhammers, yet seems no heavier. Like many weapons made with the unholy enchantments of Iyachtu Xvim, the metal of the hammer seems to absorb light into its unbearable blackness. On the few occasions that the Tyrannar Brutai Mar has used his weapon on his foes, Brutai has felt increased strength and improved accuracy. In addition, some of the crushing blows were accompanied by bursts of Xvimian acid - the same acid that flows throw the waters within Severed Hand.

Damage: 1d8 + 5
    Enhancement: +5
    Damage Type: Bludgeoning
    Special Enhancements:
    - Impact (Increases chance of scoring a critical hit)
    - Corrosive Burst (33% chance +2d6 acid damage and 10% chance of +2d10 extra acid damage)
    - Strength: +5

Items:

High Tyrannar's Band (Ring +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2013
    @Kurumi good idea!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I recently made a fun party of NPCs from the FR, usually younger versions of characters you have met
    I pretended it was an adventure from their youth, and how they leveled up :p

I used to do the same with BG characters when playing IWD. One time I played as Safana at the head of a party, pretending to be on one of her pre-BG adventures. Another time I played as Imoen during a post-BG adventure. I also used to play as non-player parties from BG, like the Kirian, Peter, et al party (the one that you meet in the Basilisk area).

I eventually lost my interest in all of this when I realized that IWD takes place about 100 years before BG, LOL.

I eventually lost my interest in all of this when I realized that IWD takes place about 100 years before BG, LOL.

Yeah, I know, but Forgotten Realms timeline be damned! I want my Keldorn and Arundel teamup
    Maybe you could try a young Officer Vai (the one that you sell bandit scalps to in Beregost) as a paladin.

Or a young Ribald Barterman as a fighter/mage multi or dual (he was supposedly a renown adventurer before becoming store owner).
    I kinda like the idea of Thalantyr (High Hedge Mage with talking chicken)
    He always alluded to a troubled adventuring career. Me sees only survivor of brutal gladiatorial arena
    Hmmmm... looking into a Garren Windspear Paladin or maybe Arin Linvale Fighter/Thief or Assassin

Yeah, I know, but Forgotten Realms timeline be damned! I want my Keldorn and Arundel teamup
    Hehe yes.. If there's something like that, I always tell myself.. in the Forgotten Realms everything IS possible ;) !!
    Kurumi said:

Hehe yes.. If there's something like that, I always tell myself.. in the Forgotten Realms everything IS possible ;) !!
    Who says Baeloth captured all his combatants from the same era or even the same timeline? mwahahahaha
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Hmmmm... looking into a Garren Windspear Paladin or maybe Arin Linvale Fighter/Thief or Assassin

Aran Linvail's a chucklehead. Renal Bloodscalp ftw.
    okay, decided on new party

Garren Windspear: LG Human Cavalier (Using BGee's new The Dude in Golden Armor portrait) with 2hsword

Thalantyr: LN Human Mage (Edwin's BG1 portrait)

Renal Bloodscalp thanks to @Schneidend : CN Human Assassin (Eldoth's portrait... wish i had better)

Officer Vai: LN Human Fighter with Longsword and Shield

Mulahey: NE Half-Orc Fighter/Cleric with flail and hammer

Angelo: CN Human Fighter-->Mage with katana
    Oh and Renal is using dual wielding a short sword and dagger (Rogue Rebalancing Mod)
    @Kurumi I'll use Tyrannar Brutai Mar when I play Black Pits 2 :D

I wanted to keep this one strictly Baldur's Gate, and I've never played a Half-Orc cleric.

I kinda wish I could make Tazok.... he'd be really cool as an NPC. I wish there were more unique race NPCs. Tiefling is cool, and Bear is absolutely incredible :D

I kinda wish I could make Tazok.... he'd be really cool as an NPC. I wish there were more unique race NPCs. Tiefling is cool, and Bear is absolutely incredible :D

I agree and also really hope, that they'll add more races a future DLC. I want to make lots of Tiefling chars :)
    Hmmm.... I'm now considering doing The Five Bhaalspawn plus
    Melissan
    from Throne of Bhaal. Maybe a brief explanation of how they got together (with the spoiler character secretly behind it all mwa haha)

Yaga-Shura and Abazigal would be so hard though... maybe I'd just make them a half-orc and a Dragon-Disciple and play make-believe

Spoiler: Sorceror
    F Drow Cleric
    M Human Monk
    M Half-Orc Barbarian
    F Assassin dualed to Mage
    M Human Dragon Disciple

Who says Baeloth captured all his combatants from the same era or even the same timeline? mwahahahaha

Well the bios for the pre-generated party do. ;-)

But seriously, since you are able to make custom bios for your own characters, you have the freedom to explain or justify anything you want.

I've been doing a playthrough of BG:EE right now, and I'm thinking of doing a Black Pits run with the various "bounty hunters" from BG1 (i.e: Carbos, Shank, Tarnesh, Karlat, Nimbul, etc.) - maybe with Silke thrown in for good measure.
    edited December 2013

I've been doing a playthrough of BG:EE right now, and I'm thinking of doing a Black Pits run with the various "bounty hunters" from BG1 (i.e: Carbos, Shank, Tarnesh, Karlat, Nimbul, etc.) - maybe with Silke thrown in for good measure.

I've been giving this idea some serious thought (what else is there to do at work?, LOL), and here's how I'm imagining my hypothetical party:

Silke - neutral evil human bard (preferably a kit, but none of them seem to suit her personality IMO).
    Tarnesh - NE human mage (possibly conjurer)
    Karlat - CE dwarf berserker
    Nimbul - NE human assassin, later dualed to mage.
    Greywolf - LN human fighter

I know none of these classes or alignments match the actual in-game characters (for example, Nimbul and Silke are actually multi-classed thief/mages IIRC), but most of these characters can't be accurately recreated anyway since the makers basically scripted/"cheated" most of them (i.e: multi-classed humans).

Now all I need is an evil cleric/healer to round out the group. I had thought about Bassilus, but he is more of a psychopathic loner and doesn't really fit in with a group of mercenaries IMO.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    @SharGuidesMyHand (cool name btw)

Mulahey!

I actually just made a new party: the Icewind Dale group

Erevain with his Broadsword, Arundel the Totemic Druid, Hrothgar the Fighter, Hjollder the Barbarian, Orrick the Grey Mage and Edion Caradoc the Necromancer.

I'm looking for an excuse to turn Hrothgar into a Paladin of some sort :p

@SharGuidesMyHand (cool name btw)

Mulahey!

Good call - I had mistakenly remembered Mulahey as a mage.

However, I'm also considering whether to create an original character for the priest role so he or she can be a priest of Talos (Mulahey is a priest of Cyric). Besides, I don't think Mulahey quite fits in with my group's image either - he's a high-ranking leader in a criminal organization, whereas the others are independent mercenaries and bounty hunters.
    Crazy Brage?

How about the cleric from the Cult of the Unseeing Eye?

Or... you can CLUAConsole in Tiax and he can rule all