Skip to content

Store carrying all/some new magical items

dibdib Member Posts: 384
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Mods
I have a pretty simple request, I'd like all, or at least most of, the new magical items added in BG2EE to be put into a store inventory, new or already existing.

The reason is that I don't play BG with NPCs anymore, I just prefer to create my own team, and it seems like pretty much all new magical items added to the EE are only accessible if you recruit the new NPCs. The number of items and their power is outrageously disproportionate to what you get for doing any other of the old NPCs' quests. I'd still like to try some of the items out so it would be great to have them all in one, or multiple, stores for those of us not interested in recruiting any NPCs.
Post edited by dib on

Comments

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Got tired of waiting so I went ahead and whipped something up myself. ;)

I'll share it here but be warned this is not a weidu mod, but since I don't add any extra strings and barely touch existing resources it should be fine. I only made a small change in script AR0708.bcs to spawn in my merchant.

Simply extract the files into your override folder. You'll find the merchant in "Cernd's former home", entrance is on Waukeen's Promenade map. He will sell most of the new magical items that can be gained in the SoA part of the game (I might add a store for ToB stuff later).

Enjoy
  • misteridmisterid Member Posts: 39
    Why didn't you just use the EE editor to take care of business? If you really wanted to be strict about it you could even remove the equivalent gold from your character at your discretion.

misterid
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Because a store is just a little bit more fun.
  • misteridmisterid Member Posts: 39
    True, very true. You could also make it more interesting in terms of how some items might end up in the store if you don't pick up the NPC. I don't know how much coding it would take to do that type of stuff though.

misterid