Skip to content

Help with Dungeon Be gone...

TheNPCTheNPC Member Posts: 57
So I tried installing it but it said there was a "Fatal error. Not a game directory"

Does anybody know the way around this?
Post edited by TheNPC on

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Make sure you extracted the mod and are running the exe from the actual game directory.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    For me (win 7) this was under:

ProgramFiles(86)/Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition/data/00783
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    I can't get Dungeon Be Gone installed... :(

Game directory is C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783

At least, I think it is... Any feedback on getting this awesome time-saver installed on Windows 7 is most welcome!
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Mine's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Beamdog\Games\00783 but I guess you just used a custom installation folder. What happens when you run the .exe?
    An error message "Fatal error. Not a game directory" displays in the installer popup.

I tried pretty much any other Beamdog or BG folder I could find too, but the same error displays each time. If the answer is "run the exe in the correct folder" then I have to find that folder.. Thx for the feedback
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Nah I really doubt the .exe cares which installation folder you used as long as you put the .exe in that folder. My only theory is that you need to take ownership of the folder and all its subfolders if you haven't, but it's probably something nerdier than that. And I can't do nerdier than that so, sorry :)
    Success!

With the exe in folder C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783, the mod installed.

If anyone else has trouble installing the mod, and maybe used a different install path for the game?, try that folder.

Thanks @enqenq