Skip to content

BG2EE: Unique holy symbols for cleric NPCs

It has been annoying me that Viconia, Anomen and Aerie get holy symbols from a different deity than their stated patron deity (it being Shar, Helm and Baervan Wildwanderer respectively).

I would suggest that they each get a unique holy symbol. The change does not have to more than simply changing the names and illustrations on the holy symbols and making them only useable by them (but more uniqueness would also be cool).
elminsterParysAranneasEdvinMoczoMadhaxAkihikoEudaemoniumenneractScooterSwordsNotWordsCrevsDaakNihilusCorvinoMaxxximus

Comments

• MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Ooh, that's actually not a bad call. Especially since Anomen CAN get a symbol of Helm, but only if you screw up his Knighthood quest and make him WORSE at being a cleric so his alignment stays in the Neutral range. It seems weird that he can only get a symbol for his god if he sucks at being a priest for said god.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Well, you could still get him a symbol of Helm if you manage to get him to level 25 before his trial, when he is still Lawful Neutral.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    Helm is devoted to Law well above Neutrality anyway, I don't see anything wrong with an LG priest being recognized for their service =D
    MoczoCrevsDaak
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Since Viconia can also change her alignment it would be really useful.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Agreed. I was really thrown the other day when a Symbol of Talos randomly showed up in Viconia's inventory =P
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Madhax said:

Agreed. I was really thrown the other day when a Symbol of Talos randomly showed up in Viconia's inventory =P

Talos was trying to bribe her.

Seriously, though, this would be a really nice change. And it would require making a total of 2 new items.
    CrevsDaakCorvinoSwordsNotWords
  • SwordsNotWordsSwordsNotWords Member Posts: 147
    Did this ever get added?
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    edited March 2014
    Not as far as I know... pity, since I don't think it would be the most time consuming thing to do
    Post edited by Sertorius on
    SwordsNotWordsNihilusEdvin
    It looks like this was implemented, as there are new holy symbols for Viconia and Aerie.

Does anyone know if Anomen gets the symbol of Helm if he complete his test?
    He did last time I played through TOB. That was before the latest patch, mind you, but I assume they wouldn't add that in and then take it out again.
    Interesting... are you sure he passed his test and became a knight before receiving the symbol? I have to admit I have not had him with me for the last couple of TOB runs, and therefore cannot say that I know what he got.

Now it would seem we should be asking for a Symbol of Tyr, since that kit has been added to the game.
    Oh, definitely. Honestly, since Clerics don't get their holy symbols until level 25, I assume you'd have to cheat in order to get it before he passed his knighthood test.
    You could have started the game in TOB from scratch, in which case I believe when you summon him, he will not have his knighthood, with the following allingment change and stat buffs.

I just wanted to make sure that was not the case.