Skip to content

BG2EE - What is the XP Cap?

Pretty sure the original ToB removed XP Caps, but I have heard threads mention ways to remove bg2ee's xp cap, which leads me to believe that there is one.

I'm wondering how high a Cleric/Mage could get. What is the XP cap for a character in BG2EE?

Comments

• SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    8 million.

If you remove the xp cap multiclass characters wont have any problems if you manage to pass it, I understand it breaks the game for single class characters to exceed level 40.

Cleric mage, going from memory would be level 25 cleric level 20 mage at 8 million.
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    ToB was 8m as well.

And if you're using a cap remover you probably have alternate tables to help you progress past 40. I haven't seen anything go beyond 50 yet, probably a hardcoded limitation.

My solo Cleric/Mage was sitting in ToB at 50/50 in Sendai's enclave when I noticed I had been using mostly buffs and attacking 4/round at 25 strength to get through it, not the ideal picture of a spell-slinger, but with spells lacking development past 20, you just gravitate that way as a matter of course.
  • shrekdjshrekdj Member Posts: 50
    The default cap is perfect and you will most likely be at chapter 6 till then.