Skip to content

[Request] Put Gem Bag anywhere else!

KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71
edited November 2013 in Feature Requests
Some players find Neera annoying. I would like to see her Gem Bag hidden anywhere else to extend the roleplay experience - and let the Red Wizards to take her away from the Baldur's Gate saga. Once and for all.

Why can't the thief - Imoen have it?
Post edited by Kozaro on

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Because carrying gems instead of gold fits her being a Wild Mage.

If anything they could add an additional gem bag somewhere else.
  • KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71
    Carrying gems FITS the Wild Mage? I think these mages aren't aware of infinite possibilities that their magic could do, because their MAGIC is WILD. UNPREDICTABLE. The loss of gold is the one of the harmless things that could happen, and they are not aware of AD&D rules and simplified table of effects of wild magic.
    I may be wrong, but I assume that carrying lots of loot is obviously the thieves, not the mages' domain. But that's not the quiddity.

I just want to say that Neera, my no.1 hated character, would fit the jRPG setting more than medieval - like Baldur's Gate. Even her vocabulary contrasts with speech used at the Swords Coast, and people who tend to notice cohesion or their lack - could also be disappointed by this particular character.

The solution could be hiding this useful beyond the measure bag anywhere else. It is a small thing, but letting your least favorite character be captured by Wizards of Thay - immensely satisfying.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Your argument sort of loses its legitimacy once you start using personal feelings instead of game design to justify it.

If you hate Neera so much, just let the Red Wizards kill her and loot the corpse for the bag.
  • KozaroKozaro Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2013
    I don't agree with you, @Fafnir.
    BG is medieval-based RPG, made with humor, but without of unnecessary silliness. In my opinion personal feelings can and *should* be used as an argument to judge almost anything connected with game-design. If book, game or art is *written* well it can affect you in some manner - well, it is good and enjoyable. It's worse when, well, in order to earn extra-money some designers fall ill to "Jar-Jar Binks Syndrome".

But, according to your clever advice, Neera will surely be exposed to lethal magic as soon as she will be in the line of sight of their merciless pursuers ;).
    Post edited by Kozaro on