Skip to content

What do the colored circles indicate?

Viconia has had a beige circle under her for a while, and now Jaheira has turned green. Do these mean anything? Can they be changed?

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    these are based on the colors in the character's appearance, and help identify each character. i believe it is the secondary color that affects the circle.
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Member Posts: 38
    thanks for the tip, didn't know this!
  • LaceLace Member Posts: 74

these are based on the colors in the character's appearance, and help identify each character. i believe it is the secondary color that affects the circle.

@ChildOfBhaal599 is mostly correct, though it is the primary color that affects the circle's color. I know this because my PC has teal as the primary color and brown as the secondary color, and my circle is teal.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Lace said:

@ChildOfBhaal599 is mostly correct, though it is the primary color that affects the circle's color. I know this because my PC has teal as the primary color and brown as the secondary color, and my circle is teal.
    yeah I had assumed mystic found out I assumed because many of my characters have similar primary and secondary like my fighter thief has black and gray and imoen's default pink and purple
  • Xei_Win_TohXei_Win_Toh Member Posts: 43
    These annoyed me for a while, mostly because it seems nearly every NPC's default primary color turns into some off-white hue on the circles.

Then I discovered that you can turn them off (Options->Gameplay->Feedback->Colored Circles), making the whole party have a friendly green circle instead.
  • LaceLace Member Posts: 74

These annoyed me for a while, mostly because it seems nearly every NPC's default primary color turns into some off-white hue on the circles.

Then I discovered that you can turn them off (Options->Gameplay->Feedback->Colored Circles), making the whole party have a friendly green circle instead.

I've actually wondered about that. Immy's color, as @ChildofBhaal599 pointed out, is pink, yet she appears as white and sometimes pink. Minsc's color is blue, yet he often also appears with a white-ish circle sometimes, and a blue circle at other times. I've just thought that was just a low-priority glitch that the powers that be'll fix when they get a chance.