Skip to content

Must have items before starting

Hey gang!

Just getting ready to finish the BG1 game that I will be importing into BG2 (well, still have TSC stuff but that isn't too long) and was curious what everyone considers their must have items to bring into BG2. It has been a while since I have done a full play through (always get distracted once I reach BG) and I have purposefully stayed away from BG2 since the original announcement for BGEE so that it is fresh (well, not fresh, but haven't played in about 5 years). I just want to make sure that I am not missing out on any major goodies that can be imported in, so share your "must haves" and if you remember off the top of your head the location for obtaining them.

So far I have...
-All stat tomes I have encountered (just missing the one in Durlag's Tower)
-Helm of Balduaran, still have to turn it in for the cloak and then kill that turd to get the helm back
-Ring of Holiness
-Ring of Wizardry x2
-Golden Pantaloons

I am sure there are more must haves out there but these are the ones I have collected so far.

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Actually - since the pause trick has been fixed you can only really import a 1-2 items not including the Golden Pantaloons.

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm

You can pick up the Helm of Balduran within the first dungeon anyway.
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    You can however, IF you are so inclined, spawn the items in. Using the console.
  • SublimeBWSublimeBW Member Posts: 42
    Ah, thanks for the info. It has been a long time since I played BG2 and couldn't recall what was allowed for import.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Other than the pantaloons you import 2 items taken from a preset list. Helm of Balduran is top of one list, with the Claw of Kazgaroth, Horn of Kazgaroth, and Koveras' ring of protection below it (the game will pick the one ahead in the list if you have multiple items from the same list). Realistically, you want the helm or the claw depending on your build.

The other list is armour. Usually the best armour is seen as the Chainmail+3.

Also if you import with any of Drizzt's items the dialogue with him changes, but you don't get to keep any if them.